Chapter 10

The next day the tent rentals arrived at the estate for the wedding. The place was full of workers putting the tents together and doing landscaping work on the back yard and gardens.  When I arrived I was shocked at how big the estate actually was.  The house was by far one of the biggest mansions I've ever seen.  The mansion stood third stories high covered in a pale brick.  It had beautiful high arched windows everywhere and the main entrance housed a huge cedar door.  It was gorgeous.  The driveway was a long winding cobblestone path that leads to a circle around a marble fountain that had water cascading out of the top.  The grounds were perfectly kept and beautiful with gardens full of flowers and small fountains.  There was a courtyard off to one side and a huge patio in the backyard leading to the pool.  The pool was huge with waterfalls on one end and a hot tub on the other.  The pool was surrounded by palm trees,  it looked like a tropical paradise.   The whole place was breathtaking,  it must have been awesome growing up here.  

I got to work right away making sure the tents were placed correctly so we could begin decorating.  The rental company had started bringing in tables and chairs.  I was engrossed in my work being the perfectionist that I am when my phone vibrated in my back pocket. 

Hey babe
How about you take a break and join me for lunch?

I'm swamped Kade I can't.

You don't look that busy to me baby.

I looked around wondering where he was.  When suddenly a door opened on the back of the house and Kade appeared.  He grinned at me making his way off the patio to me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him smiling. 

"I had to drop off some papers for my dad and thought I'd check on you.  Have you eat lunch babe?"  I shake my head no and he takes my hand leading me back to the house.

He opens one of the patio doors and escorts me in.  The room was huge with paintings and expensive furniture, what I guessed was a living room of some sort. It housed a beautiful brick fireplace with large bookshelves on each side.  He tugged on my hand as I stood in awe looking around. 

"Come on babe let's get you some lunch."  I nodded and he leads me to the kitchen where a short gray-haired lady stood at the aisle chopping vegetables. 

"Mary, what's for lunch today?"  Kade asks the woman.

She smiles up at him. "Anything you like you handsome devil you."  Kade laughs shaking his head.

"You heard her babe what do you want?"  Kade states turning to me.

"Uh, I don't know whatever is easiest for you.  I can just make a sandwich there's no need to cook just for me." I ramble on. 

"It's no problem miss really." Mary smiles at me.  "Kade is this your new lady Emma was telling me about?"  Kade nods and her face lights up.  She looks me up and down.  "You did good sir." She winks at Kade.  "Your beautiful miss."

"Awww thank you please call me Addi." I smile at her.

The kitchen door flew open and an older man with salt and pepper hair walked in.  He was tall and shared the same sky blue eyes as Kade.  "Mr. Jacobs your lunch will be ready soon sir!" Mary said to him as she started grabbing the items she needed frantically. 

"Kade my boy what are you doing here?"  His dad asks.

"Dropping off those papers you asked for dad.  Addison was here working on the wedding so I invited her in for lunch.  Addison this is my dad Tyler Jacobs,  dad this is Addison." Kade introduced us and stepped back so his dad could greet me.