||Chapter 26 - Socks and soap||

[Ashton P.O.V.]

It's was late at night and I was back at home again, eating ready made spaghetti I bought from the corner shop down the road. My whole fridge is probably filled with loads of these ready made packages, but with no mother around to help me out, I guess you could say that I have been organised so far. The silence seems to creep up on me. I don't normally mind it, but the more I focus on my surroundings, the more I feel empty inside. But with all the childhood horror stories filling up my mind, didn't help at all. I used to get creeped out by the slightest recall of the stories Luke used to tell when we were in middle school, which I find it weird since I'm the oldest, and Luke  is the youngest, who doesn't seem to get affected by it at all. I shake my head, to try and erase any ideas of a murder house as such, and keep my mind blank.

My phone beeps repeatedly on the counter table, I reach for it and saw about a hundred text messages, all from Mikayla. I probably shouldn't have left when she fell asleep again, but I did leave a note explaining to why.

Ash: STOP SPAMMING MY PHONE WOMAN!

M: PROBABLY SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF SOMETHING  ELSE THAN WRITING ON A STICKY NOTE SAYING 'BYE M -Ash x'!!!!

Ash: okay probably I should've woken you up instead? Huh?

M: NOOOOEE. YOU COULD'VE JUST...

Ash: hmm?

M: OH SHUTTUPPPP IM STILL THINKING.

Ash: how long do you think you're going to do that for? :')

M: I'm not going to text back now...bc you just left me again you twat.

Ash: it wasn't me who left you last time, that was you.

Ash: even though you had more reasons to leave, than stay with me at the time.

Ash: helllOooooOo?

Ash: oh so you were actually serious about not answering back?

Ash: that's no funnnnn :(

Ash: do you wanna get some coffee with me tomorrow?

Ash: before lunch?

Ash: yah or nah?

M: sure :D

Ash: THE GIRL SPEAKS! well, texts but you know what I mean.

M: no I don't. :p

M: I'm gonna go back to sleep.

Ash: AGAIN?! You just woke up!

M: I expect you to be at my house by the time I wake up...you know where the key is.

Ash: feisty ;)

-

Grabbing my money and phone, I stuff them into the pockets of my hoodie. I got out of my house an hour early, just in case I got stuck in traffic so I don't need to face a grumpy Mikayla. My ringtone loudly played, but since I was driving, I connected it through my car. I didn't want to get involved with car accidents, which seem to happen quite often around town.

"What." I say in a groggy tone.

"Well hello to you too Ashton." Says Michael in a lively tone.

"What are you doing, awake, this early in the morning?" I question him. Michael is usually the last one to wake up to anything, so hearing him wide awake before noon is quite shocking.