Chappy 18- Is this really the end? (Edited)

"The moment that you left me,

My heart was split in two.

One side was filled with memories,

the other side died with you.

I often lie awake at night

when the world is fast asleep

And take a walk down memory lane

With tears upon my cheek.

Remembering you is easy.

I do it everyday,

but missing you is a heartache that never goes away.

I hold you tightly within my heart

and there you will remain,

you see life has gone on without you,

but will never be the same..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The sky darkened. Thick gray clouds collided with the dark blue stillness above me. I felt something cold roll down my cheek. Then multiple. I was crying, the pain in my body becoming numb and my blood mixing with the snow.

"I wonder..." My voice was breathed in a soft yet wistful tone. One I didn't know I possessed. The sweet metallic smell of blood wafted around me. I took a deep breath. No matter how much time has passed...

"I will never forget... this smell..." The usually warm and sticky liquid was cold and soft against my skin, washing away all traces of fear and replacing it with calm, comfortable silence... My lips tilted upwards as snow landed on my cheek. This was nice. The gray sky was welcoming and the white around me was blotched red.

"Like a rose whose petals have fallen. My time is also coming to an end..." I've never feared death. Most of the time I welcomed it, but right now... I want to stay here. "I'm not willing to leave everything behind. I finally found something to live for... there's no way I can lose it now.  

"Akira!" My name was shouted with quiet urgency. My eyes moved slowly, taking in the world with every detail it offered. I saw him. He was here. I smiled. He was really here.

"Don't smile like that!" He cried. "Please... don't smile like it's over.... I don't want to lose you..."

"Was my life.... pointless?" Mikoto's eyes widened as he stared at the dying girl in front of him, her bloody hand reaching into the sky, catching snow flakes as they softly wafted down. The tears on her cheeks glistened icily in the cold air, her blood still encasing her in the snow.

"Of course not." The red haired male's voice vibrated sadly with a quiet, almost undetectable, wobble, his own eyes filling. "You saved a lot of people and made me happy..."

"I've also killed a lot of people." Her eyes glinted.

"Do you hate me?" Akira said hesitantly, her voice barley above a whisper.

"Like I said before; It's impossible for me to hate you..." He trailed off, tears falling down his cheeks. She smiled. "That's good. I'm glad." Her blue eyes began to droop and Mikoto gripped her hand tighter. "I'm really.... glad..." Her eyes closed and her breathing began to slow down. "Akira.... I-I... I love you...." Her arm went slack, falling back into the endless white cold, leaving a sobbing Makoto with three lines of red running down his face where her fingers used to lay.  

~~~~~Time skip two weeks~~~~

Mikoto was a mess. His hair was ruffled and dirty and dark bags had formed under his eyes. The last two weeks have been hard for him. It took a while, but Izumo finally got him to take a shower and clean up. It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

HOMRA walked down the depressing white halls in silence, a sorrowful aura seeping from the quiet group. The nurse leading them was fumbling around with her clipboard nervously. Upon reaching the correct room, the nurse opened the door and hurried down the hall. The group split apart, allowing Mikoto to enter before they turned around and tried to occupy their time as Mikoto grieved.

He stepped into the room, closing the door, and made his way towards the window. He paused at the foot of the bed and gazed upon the body that lay there. Her skin was pale against the dark blue  sheets and dark hair was splayed about behind her head, adorning the pillow which lay beneath it. Her body didn't move nor did it twitch. The only sound in the gray room was the constant echo of a weak heart monitor.

Hours passed and people began to leave the hospital, but no one entered her room, and no one left it either. Mikoto's sleeping form decorated the right side of the bed. His head was laying against her hand as he had fallen asleep in the chair. The girls pale hand silently stroked his soft red hair, gently waking him up. Moonlight spilled into the room as he raised his head to a pair of glowing sapphire eyes and a tender smile.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hoped you like this story! And yes, this is the end.

I'm sorry for the delay with this chapter. I wasn't quite sure how to end it so I couldn't continue writing. But alas! This wonderful idea came to mind and I think It ended well.

I know I kinda rushed the story and didn't update continuously, so thank you all that have continued to read this through out the story!

Just because I finished this one doesn't mean I wont come back and edit it. (Which I just did...) 

Also keep an eye on my profile, because I can promise you that I will start another story soon, so wish me luck!

Please give me your feed back on this story so I can do better in the future.

Thanks for reading!

~Pocky out!