Chapter 10- Missed opportunity (Edited)

With the arcade in sight I picked up my pace. Hopefully with Yata there it won't be so awkward. Upon reaching the entrance I saw Yata slamming the joysticks around harshly, his eyes were focused on the screen of a racing game. I smirked deviously. Tiptoeing cautiously forwards, I leaned in towards Yata. I felt Mikoto's curious gaze on me, but that only egged me on. Taking a deep breath I shouted loudly into his ear, causing more than just Yata to jump in fright.

I received multiple angry glares. Yata turned to me angrily, his screen now showing the results of a crash.

"Why you! Don't do that Akira!" I laughed playfully and ran out of the arcade, Yata hot on my tail. I don't know how long we ran, only that one; when we stopped Mikoto and Anna had managed to keep up, well, Makoto carried Anna. And two; I was lost.

Chuckling nervously, I turned to the group. "Um, where are we?"

Yata was still glaring at me, Mikoto just shook his head and Anna laughed. Then I heard a chorus of shouts from the distance, slowly getting closer. Mikoto's face turned serious.

"Blues." he muttered. "Yata take Anna back to the bar. Akira you and I will distract them while they get out." I nodded. Yata grabbed Anna and they ran in the opposite direction. "Come on. Don't let them see you." We ran through alleys and across streets, the blues always close behind. I pulled Mikoto into a bare alley. Holding his hand I ran down the alley way and turned sharply. Right into a dead end. Oops.

The footsteps were getting closer. There almost here! I need to act fast. So I did the only thing that came to mind. And, admittedly, I have wanted to do for a while. I pulled the hoodie off my shoulders and wrapped it around his. Taking a deep breath and urging my cheeks not to burn, I shoved Mikoto against the alley wall.

"I am so sorry." I murmured into his ear. I thought I felt him shiver. I placed my hands on his chest and took a calming breath. Pushing away the last of my doubts, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. He stiffened for a moment, shock holding him still. I held back my passion and burning desire.

As the blue clans men turned the corner I broke away and gasped in fake shock. A deep blush of embarrassment flushed over my cheeks. I was totally convincing. The young blue took one look and apologized in a flustered manner. He then ran back to his group reporting nothing unusual. I sighed. As if things weren't awkward enough before. 

"Looks like we're safe." I said daring to look at the man still pushed against the wall. His face was hooded so I couldn't make out his expression. "M-Mikoto?" I asked, unnerved by his unresponsive nature. Uneasiness settled in my stomach. I caught sight of his eyes for a moment. They were dark. With anger? I couldn't tell.

Mikoto suddenly gripped my shoulders and swung me around. My eyes widened in surprise as Mikoto and I switched places within seconds. "Mikoto... what are you... doing." I breathed, fighting my raging blush. His chest pressed against my own, trapping me in between himself and the cold stone. I couldn't move, even if I wanted to. Which incidentally, I didn't. Over the time I spent with Mikoto I guess I've just gotten comfortable with him..... 

He was just holding me, staring at my face, reading my reaction. Of course that didn't help the red across my face.

He leaned down, closing the space between our faces. His breath tickled my ear. "No need to apologize." He whispered in a husky tone. Then, much to my disappointment, he released his grip on me and began walking away, throwing my cloak back at me.

What just happened?

Mikoto's P.O.V.

"M-Mikoto?" she asked, uncertainty flashing in her eyes. She just kissed me. It felt like she was holding back. Her face was red and she still had me pressed against the alley wall. In one quick motion I had her pinned against the wall. Her cute expression of surprise was quickly replaced by a raging blush as I pressed my body against hers. She didn't struggle or complain as I stared into her face. Her eyes were filled with an unrecognizable emotion.

Her blush deepened and she returned my gaze. It took all my restraint not to kiss her when I leaned in to whisper in her ear. "No need to apologize." In all honesty, I enjoyed it when she had kissed me. I wish she continued.

Akira's P.O.V

Mikoto seemed distracted as we made our way back to the bar. I was too. My mind kept pulling me back to the kiss. It felt right. I wasn't suppose to get attached, and I did. After I reveal my true purpose, he'll hate me. But still....

It would be nice to be in love... Maybe start over... maybe...... start something....

Not that that would ever happen. Not for me.

Izumo's P.O.V.

When Mikoto got back I knew something had happened. Akira and Mikoto avoided each others gazes, Anna and Yata were sending the two knowing looks. Akira seemed to find to floor just as fascinating as Mikoto found the sky.

This could be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for not updating!!!!

I know I said that I would put this chapter out sooner.

Forgive me? <(°^°)>

Anyway!

Please comment!!!

Vote!

Follow!

And read on!

~Pocky out!