Chapter 12- Festival Time! (Edited)

Alright people!

 As you might have figured, its pretty obvious, but I am not following the story line. Also, just for future reference, like a couple seconds, this name is pronounced Ram- nie(like die)- uh.

 I hope you like! And once again... PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once upon a time, long ago, someone made a wish.... A wish for freedom, that  didn't come, Love, that died, and death, who ignored her pleas. This person was Ramnia, the first queen of the Dark clan. She unintentionally put a curse on the heir to the throne, passing down the chains of misery for each queen. They all made different wishes, all except one, who repeated the first queens desires...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Excitement rushed through me as I checked the date. The Winter Sakura Festival is in two days! I rushed over to Anna's bed, since I was rooming with her for now, and gently shook her awake. Anna's red eyes opened sleepily as she gazed at my face. Muttering something unintelligible, she began getting ready for the day.

I dragged Anna around town looking for stuff we would need for the festival on the condition I bought her ice cream. I found a black Yukata with red vines and flowers swirling up from the bottom corner for Anna. I unfortunately, didn't find anything. But today was fun and there was always tomorrow.

Once we reached the bar, I realized, that I had no idea how to get HOMRA to go to the festival with us. I sat on the couch, thinking, observing.... Then it hit me. I couldn't get them to come, but someone else could. I smirked lightly before putting on a friendly smile and weaving towards a certain member that really liked this bar

"Hey Izumo! Can we talk for a minute?" He looked up at me curiously, but nodded all the same. I felt Mikoto's stare burning into my back as we headed upstairs. Quickly I explained what i wanted him to do. 

"Hmm.... I'll do it." he stated simply. I smiled. "So you can convince them?" 

"Ya. Shouldn't be to hard." And with that we headed back down where Izumo gathered everyone's attention.

"Listen everyone!" He yelled. The room quieted down. "Our little miss Akira here-" Little miss? "And young Anna wish to attend the Festival tomorrow evening." All eyes fell on me. Of course you don't stare at Anna. My eye twitched. This is what Izumo had in mind? "I think we should accompany them for security reasons." A low murmur broke out in the small crowd. "What do you think, Mikoto?"

He sighed. "Sure." I smiled. It did work! I guess...

Izumo nodded. "We need to protect the ladies of HOMRA after all." He chuckled. I studied him skeptically. Whats he thinking? He's probably going to do something.  I looked at Anna and saw her smile. Good. I want the time I have left with them to be happy. I want to be able to remember the fun times with them, so when my life does flash before my eyes, its not all sad. I want to smile in the end.

~~~~~~~~

I was lying on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. After a couple moments I noticed a light knocking at my door. With a sigh, I climbed  of bed and opened the door. It was Izumo.

"What's up?" I asked boredly. He held up a bag. "This." I raised an eyebrow and took the bag from his hands. Inside was a crumbled blue cloth. I pulled it out with wide eyes. It was a beautiful Yukata. It was clay blue that broke off into a dark blue. Black accents curled around the two colors. I looked up to Izumo with a smile.

"This is Amazing!" Izumo chuckled. "Its yours." I grinned happily and wrapped my arms around him, only slightly surprised when he returned the hug. He ruffled my hair affectionately, but I was too happy to be annoyed with the gesture.

I put the Yukata by my bed, ready for tomorrow and already tired. I dipped into the covers and slipped into a comfortable sleep.

~~~~~~~~~   

Wow. I looked good. I glanced at Anna as she stared at her Yukata in confusion. With a laugh I went to help her put it on. The finished product was adorable. When we walked down the stairs, countless eyes turned in our direction. Many blushed as I smiled shyly at the crowd.

"Okay people! Get into groups!" Izumo's command broke the uncomfortable stare and small groups were formed. I saw Yata race out on his skateboard with Rikio and two others in tow. Izumo went with Anna, myself and, surprisingly, Mikoto. With our group complete, we began the trek to the festival. Lights lit up every corner and food stands lined the streets, delicious smells wafting around us. I ran to a candied apple stand with Anna, giving Izumo puppy dog eyes, until he bought the sweet.

Apparently the fireworks would be starting soon. I spotted a dark hill off to the side. Completely untouched by the rowdy festivities. With a smile, I grabbed the person closest to me, which happened to be Mikoto, and pointed to the hill. Looking around, I realized that both Anna and Izumo had 'Mysteriously' disappeared. With a shrug I pulled Mikoto with me towards the hill. After, not so nicely pushing past people, we made it to the crest of the hill. I ran to the edge, Mikoto softly following behind.

I breathed in the cool night air. The town below just specks of light and the crazed noise seeming distant even though we weren't that far away. I smiled. This... was nice.

Suddenly a boom resounded in the sky. I let out a squeak of surprise and jumped back, hitting a firm wall I have come to know as Mikoto.

Mikoto's P.O.V.

I sweatdropped as Akira dragged me behind her and roughly shoved past people. Once at the hill she ran to edge, her eyes wide with awe. I walked up next to her as she breathed in, her face relaxing. A firework lit up the sky with a loud boom, breaking me out of my trance and startling her. Akira squeaked, jumping back into me. Her body froze as I steadied her. Slowly, she turned around in my arms. Her face red with embarrassment.

"...sorry.." she muttered, looking down lightly.

"So cute..." I murmured. Her eyes snapped up to meet mine in shock. My cheeks started to burn. I searched for words, but got lost in her gaze. "M-Mikoto?" she stammered, face bright. "Are you okay?" I shook myself out of my daze, letting her go and trying to ignore the pit in my stomach when I did.

We turned back to the fireworks, watching them silently. I glanced at Akira to see her face solemn and troubled.

"Mikoto?"

"Hm?"

"I had fun. You guys made me happy."

I turned to her. She was facing me, sad smile in place.

"Thank you."

Then I felt something soft on my lips. Shock vibrated throughout my body. She was kissing me. The world began to fuzz out and I grew heavy. A warm drop of liquid splashed onto my face and through my blurred vision I could just barley see tears falling down her face. She was crying?

My back met the earth. I heard her murmur three final words in my ear before the world went cold. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well? What do you think?

I wonder what she said....

Please tell me what you thought in the comments!

I'll update soon!

As always...

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

and read on!

~ Pocky out!