Chapter 4

"What's this?" I asked my brother as he handed me out two tickets for the finals of basketball championship. "It's a ticket, can't you tell?" he replied.

"I don't want to go."

My brother stared at me when I answered him. I turned away from him as I ignored his offer. Then, he sat beside me on our living room's sofa. He reached out for the tv's remote control and turned the tv on. He pressed certain numbers on the remote and turned the channel to where the Oha-Asa was broadcasted.

While me, I brushed my soft green hair while texting my friends. I was not interested in horoscopes, so I didn't mind much when Oh-Asa called my star sign and my lucky item of the day. But what I was waiting was my brother's horoscope.You know how much I like to tease and annoy him with those stupd lucky items of his. I sometimes hide his lucky items in a place where he never finds it.

"....And for cancers," the Oha-Asa called out my brother's star sign. I switched my attention towards the tv and listened to it attentively. I wondered what will be his lucky item of the day.

"today's lucky item is a headband with cat ears!!"

I laughed hard as I heard what Oha-Asa said. Oh brother. Don't tell me you're gonna go to school wearing cat ears and look like stupid.

He looked at me with a sharp stare from his eyes as I lay down on the sofa, bursting myself into laughter. I really couldn't help it. How much more if I'm going to see him wearing cat ears in real? What the hell.

"Hey, nii-chan! I have that cat ear and maybe you want to borrow?" I asked him jokingly. Suddenly his face turned red and quickly stood up to go upstairs. I just laughed it off.

"What's up with Shintaro?" my mo asked me as she stood beside me with a cup of coffee on her hand. "Nothing, I think he's going to do some weird things again because of this stupid horoscope." I answered her. My mom just smiled.

"Oh, I must be going now," my mom said as she took a glance at our wall clock. "Your dad must be waiting for me at the hospital now. We've got lots of patients today." she added.

Both of my parents are doctors. They work at thesame hospital, and they are busy almost everyday. So every weekends, my brother and I is the only people inside our house.

 "Make sure to lock all doors before you leave for school with your brother, Makoto." she reminded me as she gave me a kiss on my forehead and left. "I must get prepared too," I said to myself then I went upstairs.

I entered my room and I prepared my school uniform. I took all of my clothes and was about to wear my skirt, when suddenly, someone opened my door.

"Makoto, can I-"

Holy son of all kings of pervert. It was my brother, who entered the room. I screamed the moment he noticed me I was naked- And threw my shirt at his face.He went out of my room quickly, as he slammed the door. Jeez, doesn't he know how to knock before entering someone else's room?

"Stupid onii-chan!!! You should atleast knock!!!! You idiot!!" I shouted with my face burning up in a shade of red. After that, I continued changing myself into my school uniform, and went out of the room. I saw my brother standing infront of my room, leaning against the wall. It seemed like he was waiting for me. He was also in his school uniform too. He noticed me as I got out of my room, but I ignored him and went downstairs.

I went straight to the main entrance of our house, and put myself on with my school shoes. As I got up and grabbed my bag, my brother approached me. I just completely ignored him, and did not make any eye contacts with him.

"Makoto, I.."

I turned around to face him, and lifted my right eyebrow, as I gave him a death glare. "What?" I asked him. "I, uh.. I'm sorry about what happened a while ago.. Will you let me borrow your.. Erm.. Cat ears..?" I was about to laugh at him, but I turned away instead. Look, I was offering him a while ago (though it was just some kind of joke), but he just snobbed me. And now, he's going to ask me, while he just peeked me inside my room while I was changing? I'm totally pissed off. I hate my brother, ugh.

"Please?"

He begged me. I was really, really annoyed by him, but I deceide to let him borrow those stupid cat ears so that he'd shut up. I went to my room, and gave it him immediately.

"T-thanks..." he said. I turned away from him an made a grumpy face. "Hmph, it's not like I felt pity towards you. You were just so annoying, so don't get the wrong idea, okay?"

We left our house after that. We walked together to the bus stop, and I noticed he hadn't wear the cat ears. "Why won't you wear that stupid cat ears already?" I asked him. "Oha-Asa didn't say that I should wear it." he said to me. Yeah, I was kinda disappointed, 'cause I was excited to see my brother looking so stupid going to school.

When I arrived at my school, I was greeted by my friends from other classes as I entered the main entrance. We chatted about random things as we changed our shoes into indoor shoes. Then, we waved good bye as we got separated an went to our respective classes.

"Good morning, Mako-chan."

I screamed when Chigusa appeared infront of me all of a sudden. "Stop scaring me, you idiot!!" I shouted at her. "I just greeted you 'good morning'." she said, ofcourse, with her cold purple eyes. I just sighed, and looked at her in my annoyed face. "You're already freaking me out, Chii. And besides, what's good in morning if you scare me like that?!" I shouted at her once more. She didn't say anything. I just continued walking and she followed me to our classroom.

When we entered our classroom, I sat down on my desk beside the window immediately. I remembered about the ticket my brother gave to me earlier, which I ignored it. I was kinda feeling regretful for ignoring his offer. I know, I wanted to forget bout him,  but I really wanted to see him.  I wondered what's he like right now.