Chapter 3

I sat on my desk while I rested my chin on my clenched fist. My left hand was playing with the ends of my braided hair, letting them brush against my soft cheeks. I looked outside the window, while my thoughts are going off somewhere.

"Mako-chan."

"Wha...?!" Well, that surprised me, you little weird creature. I almost lost my breath as I saw Chigusa appeared infront of me so suddenly like a ghost. She stared at me with her usual boring purple eyes. Her expression was cold as ever.

"You scared me to death, Chii!" I exclaimed towards her. I got pissed off, rested my back against my chair and crossed my arms. "You act weird today." she said with her very soft voice. I lifted up my right eyebrow and looked at her. "What do you mean?" I questioned her.

"Is there something bothering you?"

I blushed a bit when Chigusa asked me that. I don't know why, but as that question entered my ear, it travelled towards my brain and mixed upon my other thoughts, like it was searching for the right answer. But all I thought about was the incident that happened yesterday. Then, that thought of mine travelled again towards my chest, causing my heart to beat faster and faster.

"You're still thinking about him, aren't you?" she asked me again. I stood up and smashed down the surface of my desk with my clenched fist. "No, I'm not!!!" I replied to her immediately as I started to blush harder. But wait, what did she mean about 'still thinking about him'? Hey, I don't get this little girl.

"Look at your pink cheeks. You know, you should already stop being a tsundere. It's too obvious that you still think about Akashi sempai."

I froze the moment Chigusa mentioned the name I didn't want to hear. 'Akashi'.

I was running as I entered the gym when suddenly, I bumped into someone and I fell on the ground. I looked up, then I saw a red haired guy. Yeah, he's the captain of Teiko Male Basketball Club, Akashi Seijuurou. My secret crush.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?"

He asked me as he reached out his hand for me. I quickly stood up by myself, and bowed down my head and apologized to him.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to..." I said those words as I hid half of my face with the folder I'm holding to avoid exposing my blushing face. "It's okay, you just have to be more careful next time." he replied. As those words spoken by a very soft and cold voice of his, my heartbeat went faster. I took a glance at him, to see what was his facial expression.

He was staring at me, with those beautiful pair of red eyes. I started to blush harder, as I realized he was lifting his face upwards just to see my face. I was few inches taller than him, and I felt so awkward.

"Makoto."

My heart skipped a beat as he called out my name. Wait, that was my first name. But since when did he knew my name? I was curious as hell.

"Your brother is still at the changing room." he said. Now, how did he know I came here to look for my brother? That's already bothering me, so without hesitating, I asked him.

"Uh, why do you know me?"

He smiled a little bit before he answered me. Damn, my mind is already out of control. Both my brain and nervous system are running wild like a crazy beast. Goddammit, Akashi Seijuurou, you freakin' hot creature. What are you gonna do to me if ever I faint infront of you?