Epilogue

"Mommy?"

Josephine glanced up from the photo album she'd been looking through, a smile playing on her lips. "Yes sweetheart?"

From his dark curly hair to his facial expressions, three year old Jeremy Smyth was the spitting image of his father, minus the emerald eyes; just as had been predicted by William himself.

It eliminated the raw edge of pain whenever she saw him, a wonderful remedy he was, that Jeremy.

He climbed up on top of her lap. "Can't we make cookies?"

"Not right now sweetie, it's nearly time for bed," she reminded him.

"But I don't want to go to bed," he pouted, pulling on the same pouty expression as his father.

Josephine smiled, she loved it when he did that. "But If you don't go to bed, then you won't be able to play tomorrow."

"Really?" He asked worriedly, frowning deeply.

She nodded. "Definatly, and then who would I play with?"

"Nobody," Jeremy sighed. "I don't want you to be bored all day."

"Thats why you need to go to sleep."

He exhaled deeply once more. "Can you tell me a story first?"

"Sure. Why don't you go get a French book? We haven't practiced in a while."

Jeremy shook his head. "I want a different one, it's not it a book."

Josephine frowned. "Not in a book? What is it?"

He was quiet for a moment before speaking. "The one about daddy."

She swallowed. "Oh."

"Please?" He begged.

Josephine sighed. There was no need to be upset over it anymore, it has been far too long and she practically had him with her everyday. "Of course," she finally said, smiling slightly.

"Yes!"

"Alright," she began, pulling him back until they both lie comfortably on the bed. "I was on my weekly visit to La Dame de Fer when-"

"Daddy ran into you!" He interrupted gleefully. "That's the best part."

"Exactly. Your a witty little thing, just like him," she praised, a wide grin forming on her face. "Daddy walked right into me."

"Don't stop mom," Jeremy insisted seriously. "I don't want you to be sleepy in the morning."

William Smyth may have died, but what he experienced in his final months was the one thing in this world that has the ability to make us all sing; he fell in love, and he never got back up.

If anything, William's story should remind us all to get out there and just live. It should tell us that you can't really be happy until you see what you want and say to yourself "It's mine" because it shouldn't take a Cancer to make us get out there.

So get up on that stage at karaoke night, jump onto that roller coaster that goes 200 miles an hour, and try the roasted quail at that restaurant. Who knows? You might just find the only one out there who makes you sad to say Adieu.

READ ME

(A:N// What a wild ride we've had! I can't believe it's all over, I feel like I just started this.

Adieu is the first novel I have ever finished-although I still need to revise like heck- and the only reason it has that status is because of you guys.

THANK YOU, my god I can't say it enough, Adieu has nearly 3,000 reads, that's 3,000 people loving William as much as I do. I'm going back and dedicating a chapter to every fan. Thank you so much, even if all you did was read. I love you guys so much, you never fail to make me smile.

Sorry If you didn't like the ending, but I think it would hav been pretty bad If he lived, I knew from that bat that he wouldn't make it.

Well, this is it. I do have a "deleted scene" if our interested I'll post it, but I "deleted" it because it didn't seem right. It's the Girls Night Out, and it would have been a part of Chapter nineteen. Just ask if you want me to post it

Thanks again all of you, so much. :) Happy reading!

Uniqueuser42

Ps, I'm going to post another story soon, it's a Historical Fiction about a forbidden love. Hope ou read it.)