Chapter 33

(A:N// I honesty wouldn't call this a chapter. It's the shortest thing I've written since Chapter five part one *roles eyes* but hey, I promised I'd write two, so I did. Anyway, here it is. Next chapter will be up tomorrow. Oh and I'm really sorry for the sadness, but it has to happen.)

Chapter Thirty-Three

"Are you awake?" William murmured two days after arriving in the hospital.

"Hm-Hm," she sighed, rolling over in the small space to face him.

"I was wondering something," he whispered, wrapping his hands around her own.

"What's that?"

He brought his lips to her own for a moment before replying. "You don't suppose... That maybe... I mean-"

"What?" She asked gently. "What is it?"

William exhaled a breath he wasn't aware he was holding. "Could I talk to him? Taylor or Amani, or whatever you planned on naming him? Please?"

Josephine smiled. "Maybe if you stopped calling her a he," she joked, bringing his hands to rest on her abdomen.

"Don't worry little guy, I know what you are," he cooed. "He can't hear me, can he?"

She shook her head. "I think he can. Or she."

William smiled. "That's nice, I want him to. Hear me that is." He pulled her closer, wrapping his hands around her back instead. "I'm done. He can hear me anyway."

"So sick of it already?" She joked, grinning.

"What will you name him?" He murmured, honestly curious. "I don't care overly, as long as it's what you want."

She cocked her head to one side, thinking. "I don't know. Could I name him Will?"

He chuckled. "I wouldn't like that too much, but again, your decision; I'm simply curious."

"I think I'll go with Jeremy. Jeremy Smyth, doesn't it feel nice on your tongue?"

"Jeremy Smyth," he tried, saying I slowly. "Your right, it does feel nice."

"Our little Jeremy," she whispered, affection thick I her tone. "He'll look just like you, you say?"

William nodded. "Only your emerald eyes. I love those."

"I like yours better," she objected. "Their like chocolate, a very warm brown. With them he'll always know what they look like."

"I'm sure Dez will be around."

She shrugged. "But I love you, and so will he."

"That reminds me," he said, reaching over on the nightstand and retrieving the envelope. "I wrote this for him."

Josephine took it carefully in her fingers, words escaping her.

"Would you give it to him? When he's old enough?"

"I... Yes, of course," she said hoarsely, placing it in her bag on the floor. "I just can't believe-"

"Your not going to start crying again, are you?" He Interrupted.

Josephine sighed and curled closer to him; as if it were physically possible. "I'll never not feel bad about it," she breathed. "I can't stop myself from loving you."

William let go of his own breath. "You won't forget, will you?"

"Forget what?"

"This," he explained, holding her hands tighter. "Just... Being together. The sound of our heartbeats, the warmth of our skin, the feeling of your lips against mine; promise me you won't."

She nodded, a single tear falling. "Never."

"I love you," he reminded her. "Forever and always, don't forget that either."

Josephine nodded once more before bringing her lips to his own once more.

"Wait," he said pulling back. "My will is in the leather notebook. I've written everything there."

She chuckled, bringing her lips to his jaw instead. "Why are you telling me all this?"

William swallowed. "Something tells me that I should."

She frowned slightly. "Odd. Oh well, can I please-"

However she couldn't finish her sentence, for her lips were suddenly otherwise occupied.

Josephine's eyes snapped open to he image of a dark room. Something was terribly wrong; she could feel it.

Frowning, she brought a hand to her husband's shoulder. "Will?" She whispered. "Will?"

William grunted in response, not opening his eyes.

"Will, please wake up, please." She begged.

He sighed, chocolate eyes fluttering open sleepily. "Hm?"

She bit her lip. "Are you alright?"

William blinked. "Did you really just-"

"I'm serious!" She insisted. "Please, I won't feel better until you respond."

"I'm fine Jose," he yawned. "No need to freak out."

Her emerald eyes remained skeptical. She still didn't feel right, as if something terrible was going to happen. "Are you sure?"

He nodded, closing his eyes once more. "Go back to sleep, we'll talk more in the morning."

Still frowning Josephine slowly laid her head against his chest once more. "Ok," she whispered half to herself, everything was ok. "I love you."

"Mm. I love you too Jose," he mumbled. "More than anything."