*Chapter Seventeen

(A:N// This chapter is dedicated to my Golden Eleven.  

After I update, I always come back to Wattpad about an hour later to check the reads, and every single time my Golden Eleven have read, and sometimes even voted already.  

Even though I have no idea who you are, Thank you so much for always being the first ones to read. and even if you don't always comment, it's absolutely wonderful to know that you guys are always there.

*= Edited)

As much we may hate it, time passes.

As much as they wished they hadn't, the hours that William and Josephine spent together melted into days, which turned into weeks, which quickly transformed into an entire month. Not that it was wasted, quite the opposite actually. The pair celebrated their three week anniversary, they enjoyed the spectacular view from The Eiffel Tower, took hundreds of pictures, enjoyed every food Paris had to offer (except, of course cheese), and William even taught Jose how to play Chess.

Yes, it was a fairly eventful month indeed. Even if it was another month closer to William's death day.

****

Josephine tossed her hair out, being careful to remove all traces from the ponytail that had previously held it.

Her off the shoulder, knee length, cocktail like attire was the perfect Little Black Dress for the occasion; dinner at The Jules Verne with the love of her life.

She smiled happily at the thought. Yes, moving in had been a good idea; she had even managed to go an entire week without sleeping with him as she suspected she would.

"Ms. Evette. Are you quite finished yet?" William whined from the other side of the bathroom door, for what had to be the hundredth time in the pass twenty minutes.

She chuckled. "William, the thing you have to learn about us women is that we take a bit longer to get ready. Besides, don't you want me to look pretty for you?"  

"You're always pretty. Beautiful in fact," he sighed. “So there’s really no need to take a million years.”

"Ha!" Josephine laughed as she swung open the door.

William jumped back, in a barely successful effort to not be hit in the head.

"I'm ready no—what are you staring at?" She questioned abruptly, for he had stopped looking surprised and instead taken to staring at her intently.

He coughed, blinking. "You’re just…You take my breath away.

She blushed slightly. “No need for cheesy pick up lines.”

William chuckled. “I couldn’t help myself.”

Josephine grinned as she took his arm and walked into the hallway. And down the stairs. He was dressed simply in black dress pants, white button down shirt, and black bow tie, but somehow he looked incredibly handsome. Not that he didn't before, but it was something about the way his chocolate eyes lit up that did it. "Excited?” She questioned.

He smiled. “Well, yeah. We’ve been planning this for a month.”

“I still don’t see why, we could have just as easily gone to La Castel Café.”

“But we do that every Sunday, I wanted this to be special.”

“Why today?”

William paused, a strange look crossing his features. “I-uh. It’s our… Month an a half anniversary.”

“Is it?” She questioned in surprise, had it really only been a month? It felt like years.

He nodded. “We should remember this day for a while.”