Chapter 27

(A:N// This chapter is a bit... Hm... How do I put it?

;) guess you'll have to find out yourself eh? It's surprising, I'll give you that)

William sighed in boredom as he flipped through the channels, again.

Josephine lie sleeping beside him, just as she had for the past three hours after he'd woken himself.

He continuously resisted the urge to wake her up, no matter how badly he wanted to leave the hotel room and explore Rome some more.

Not that a solitary room with a fairly large bed didn't have it's benefits...

William shook his head at the thought, trying to watch whatever movie he had just flipped to. Much to his annoyance, it was all in Italian;he was just thinking of of putting on the movie he had brought with them, when his wife stirred beside him. He turned toward her just as the emerald eyes fluttered open. "Someone knows how to sleep," William commented, moving a strand of chestnut hair from her eye.

She yawned. "How long have I been asleep?"

He chuckled. "Forever," he said, before she shot him a glare. "About...eleven hours," he amended, putting his hands into the air in the national surrender sign.

"Hm."

"So, how long until we can head out?" He questioned, flipping the Tv off.

She shrugged, and sat up, only to lie down again with a slight frown.

William shook his head, smiling. "Or you could just do that."

Josephine shook her head. "I don't feel well."

His mouth turned downward at the corners. "What's wrong Nurse?"

She paused for a moment, thinking. "I'm just...Off. Do you mind if we just hang out here today?"

William sighed, he really wanted to tour Rome some more. But one glance a her and he could see that she honestly wasn't up to it. "That's cool," he told her.

Jose smiled. "Thanks. Should we watch that movie now?"

He nodded, although his lips moved to hers unconsciously.

She moved away from him after a quick moment. "William, I just said-"

"I know, I know. Movie," he muttered.

Josephine ruffled his hair. "What did you bring anyway?"

"Marley and Me," he said, climbing out of bed and retrieving it from the suitcase.

"Does the dog die?"

William chuckled. "I haven't seen it, but I assume that he does; the animal always dies."

Josephine reached over and grabbed the box of tissues from the nightstand as he climbed in once more. "Well then, I'm ready."

"Oh, it's so sad!" Josephine cried, taking another tissue.

William chuckled. "I thought you were ready? And besides, the movie ended like an hour ago."

"Thirty minutes," She objected.

"Check."

They sat across from each other on the floor, playing chess. William had tried to make it a game a Strip Chess, but Josephine refused. She was probably happy about that decision now; she was losing horribly, just as he knew she would.

Jose sighed and moved her king over. "I mean, that monologue about A Dog? So beautiful!"

He rolled his eyes, moving his bishop. "Your very emotional," he observed. "Are you on your period?"