Chapter 13

(A:N// Thank ou all so much for reading! It's nice to have people to share my writing with :)  

this chapter changes characters a lot, so try not to get confused! :) Also, I might not do the interview for the characters, I'm not getting many questions.)

Chapter 13

William's head snapped up in surprise at the sound Josephine's voice His chocolate eyes met her emerald ones and his heart made a different squeeze than he was use to with her. One of pain.

"I need to talk to you Will." She said calmly, keeping her eyes locked with his own.

William could only stare back at her in complete and utter silence. He took note that her chestnut hair was tied back into a tight ponytail. It was a different look than he was use to but like everything else about her, he loved it.

"Would you, by any chance, want to go on a walk with me?" She asked after a moment, purposely repeating the words that started their relationship.

William swallowed, causing his Adams apple to bob. "I-I don't quite understand. Yesterday-"

"Was plain awful. I know."

William looked toward the open window as an excuse not to speak. The booming silence was killing him, but he couldn't seem to make himself end it. Why couldn't he just let things go back to the way it was?

"I knew it was a girl. I'm his mother by the way." Katie stated suddenly, breaking it.

Josephine did a double take as she noticed the third person in the room for the first time.

Unlike his sister, at first glance William's mother looked nothing like her son. With her strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes a person could easily wonder if there was a switching at birth, but as you looked more intently you could just barely see the hidden similarities that proved them to be relatives.

"Hello, I'm Josephine." She murmured as she glanced back at Will.

He seemed to be contemplating something intently for his eyebrows were furrowed, even though his eyes still locked with her own.

"William. Go." Yet another voice snapped from the doorway.

If looks could kill, everyone on he entire planet would be mauled by the expression on Destiny Winslow's face at that moment. "Do it now William. There is no way that I'm going to let you ruin these last months of your life by not being happy. And you won't be happy without her. So go now before I make you."

Josephine turned back to the dark haired beauty. His chocolate eyes shone with determination and hope as he nodded and rose from the bed.

Jose's mouth turned upward at the corners as she asked, "Eiffel tower at noon?"

William chuckled. "It's only eight now, wouldn't you rather-"

"Eight thirty then?" She amended.

He nodded once as his genuine smile illuminated his features. "Eight thirty."

She stared into his chocolate eyes for a moment longer before returning his smile and turning toward the door.

"You, me, lobby. Two minutes" Destiny hissed under her breath as she passed.

Jose nodded discreetly- despite the fear that she suddenly felt at her deathly tone- as she closed the door behind her.

Destiny Winslow excused herself from her brothers room precisely two minutes after her hissed demand. It bothered her that she had done that to Josephine, she was quite fond of the lady. But in that heated moment she was beyond angry. She could tell by her brothers expression that he was in pain, and anyone who hurt her brother was hurting her. She took a deep breath, fixed her hair, and opened the door to the lobby.

"You really hurt him, did you know?"

Josephine looked up from the nail she had been fidgeting with. Destiny didn't look as angry as she had before, although Jose could guess that in the two minute assign time she had worked on that. "He hurt me as well." She defended.

Dez looked away for a moment before speaking again. "It's perfectly alright to be upset... about his condition. But that doesn't , mean that you can cause him even more pain."

Despite herself Josephine felt her temper rising, "Is that why you came down here? To shove in my face that the only person I will ever love is going to die? News flash, I realize that."

Destiny's face got an odd expression to it as she walked the ten feet that was separating them. "No. Not now anyways. But don't you forget that he is my brother, and I love him too. Maybe not in the same way as you, but I really do. I'm just as afraid as you are."

Jose nodded slowly as it sunk in. His family was in more pain than she was herself. She took a deep breath to calm herself before she spoke again. "Then why? What is it that you want?"

Josephine felt warm hands wrap around her own. She looked up to see a replica of William's eyes staring back at her. Only these chocolate eyes were tear-filled. "We're in this together. You, me, and my mother are the only ones who can be with Will in this time. He needs us. So if you ever need anything, anything at all, I am always here for you. You and I are going to become sisters now, because god knows that when... when Will... Well, when he's gone we're going to need someone to hold onto, and that's why I'm here."

Josephine embraced the now crying Destiny into a tight hug. "Thank you." She murmured into her shoulder.

( Please, take 30 seconds to comment. It means everything to me.)