Chapter 19

~*Chris' P. O. V*~

Alex was finally asleep once again, I just watched her. She slept so peacefully and quiet. I kissed her head and cheek a few times times which made her cuddle closer to me. When I first saw her when I came in here, I thought this would never happen again, her sleeping in my arms while I kept my eyes on her. I didn't think she was going to get out of this alive.

"Thank you for pulling through," I whispered so I wouldn't wake her up.

When she finally woke up again, it was nearly 9:00 the next night. I slept a little but I wanted to stay up to make sure she was alright.

"You have a visitor," I said.

She looked at my curiously then asked,"Who?"

I got out of bed and walked out the door to meet Kylie who was holding Brandan. She carefully placed him in my arms and I reentered Alex's room. She covered her face and pleaded,"Don't let him see me."

Ignoring her request, I stepped up to her bedside and said,"He misses you."

She took her hands off her face to look at Brandan. His tiny arms were reaching out toward her as he smiled at the sight of his Mother.

"Al, he wants to see you."

She sheepishly lifted up her arms and took Brandan from me. He smiled at her and made that little noise he always makes.

"My sweet little boy," I heard her whisper as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I brought my lips to her temple then leaned in close to her.

"I love you Brandan," she said softly.

*A WEEK LATER*

~*Alexandria's P. O. V

It was pouring rain as Devin drove me home in our black convertible. I stared out the window at the water soaked roads, lawns, and sidewalks.

"I miss anything?" I asked him.

"Rebel and Angelo are pretty much completely moved out. Other than that, no."

I took my attention away from the rain, to Devin.

"Thank you for finding me."

He smiled and said,"Don't thank me, thank Brandan. If he wasn't upset about something, I wouldn't have gone in there."

I smiled right when he said that. For some reason, it felt as if Brandan knew something had happened to me and I needed help. I'm positive that wasn't the situation but it was still a nice thought.

Finally, Devin parked on the road outside our house and the biggest smile came on my face. Out on the porch, Rebel, Angelo, Ricky, Jessica, Kylie, Ryan, Allie, Josh, and Chris, were standing outside waiting for us to arrive. When I opened the door, they all shouted,"Welcome home Alex!"

Chris and I stared at each other from across the lawn, stuck in an absolute trance. Devin came over to my side with an umbrella to escort us both to the porch without getting wet. Instead, I jumped out of the car and ran across the yard. Chris scooted past everyone then ran out into the rain to meet me. Our arms locked around each other and we started kissing each other over and over again. We probably looked like a goth remake of the Notebook but it didn't matter to us. Both of us were soaked when we finally pulled away and gazed into each other's eyes.

"I love you," I said.

He kissed me one more time then said,"I love you too."

We quickly went back to the porch where everyone swarmed me with hugs and "We missed you" comments. Kylie stepped up to me with Brandan and said,"Look. Momma is home."