Chapter One- Blue Eyes

The bell rang pulling me from my thoughts. I quickly grabbed my books and headed towards my locker.

"Kate! Hey Kate!" I heard from behind her. Looking back, I saw one of my best friends, Tyler, coming towards me through the mass of students.

"Hey Ty," I said, beaming. We had been friends for years now. I had secretly had a crush on him for awhile now, but kept quiet so as not to ruin our friendship. Besides, I thought to myself, why would a guy like him be interested in me?

Tyler was tall with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. He had a dazzling smile that could light up a city. He was also the captain of the soccer team and was essentially every girls' dream boy.

"So did you do McCready's homework?" He asked casually.

"Yeah. Took me forever!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, me too," Tyler sighed.

The bell rang just as we walked side by side into physics class. We took our respective seats in the middle of the class. Mr. McCreary came walking into the room a few minutes later.

"Pass in your homework while I pass out your pop quiz for today," He said in a monotonous tone.

A simultaneous groan rose up from the class as the sound of paper shuffling soon filled the air. The rest of class went by quickly and soon the bell was ringing. Everyone rose and walked out rather quickly. Physics was no one's favorite class and the teacher made it even worse, with his monotonous tone and unreasonably hard exams. Unfortunately, he was he only physics teacher in the school.

"Ugh. There goes my grade," Tyler groaned, falling into step beside me.

"I know. It was so awful," I said walking to my locker.

Tyler leaned against the locker beside mine, suddenly looking nervous. "So...have you given any thought to whom you're going to homecoming with?"

"Um, no not really. No one's asked me yet and I'll probably end up hanging out with Becca that night. You?" I asked casually, genuinely curious as to which lucky girl would get to go with him. I had always loved dances but was unsure this year. I didn't wanted to go solo if all of my friends had dates.

"No one as of yet. I have my eye on asking one girl though," he said, sounding suddenly, extremely cheerful.

"Lucky girl," I said honestly.

"As long as she'll say yes. Hey I gotta run. I'll catch you later," Tyler said backing away, seeming to suddenly be in a hurry.

"See ya Ty," I said closing my locker and walking in the opposite direction. That was wierd, I thought to myself. I brushed off his strange behavior and walked into class.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I soon was walking through the door into my house. I could smell a delicious dinner cooking and popped my head into the kitchen to find my mother there rolling out dough.

"Hey mom," I said cheerfully.

"Hi, hun. Homemade bread and gnocchi for dinner tonight," my mother said as she rolled the dough into a nicely shaped loaf. My mother was quite the chef.

"Yum!" I said as I grabbed an apple and bit into it. "I'll be upstairs doing homework whenever it's ready," I added dropping a kiss on my mother's flour covered face. I slowly climbed the stairs to my soft yellow themed bedroom. I set my bag down and began the mountains of homework that had been assigned to me for the weekend.

I jolted awake not realizing I had fallen asleep at my desk. The clock read 11:16 pm. Geez, I thought to myself, Mom's dinner must have been a lullaby to my hungry, tired self.

I got up and opened the window to my room, letting out all the stuffy air. Taking a seat on the window bench, I breathed in the fresh, cool air and peeked out the window. The trees were lightly swaying in the breeze and I could feel it run through my hair. The full moon shone bright and illuminated the yard behind the house. The moon reflected in the pool's calm surface, making it look absolutely inviting.

Upon hearing a rustling in the bushes, my eyes instantly shot to the treeline searching for the sound. That's when I noticed the bright, luminous, blue eyes watching me. I was memorized with both awe and fear. I couldn't quite make out the figure, but whatever it was had to be large. The eyes kept locked with mine until another rustling began in the woods a few yards to the left of the eyes. The eyes shot the source of the noise and slowly, I could make out a dog-like figure. Maybe it's lost, I thought to myself. It walked towards the source of the noise and soon sprinted into the woods after the source. I shuddered and rubbed my arms, trying to rid myself of the goosebumps I hadn't even known were there.

I climbed into bed and shut the light off. Drifting into a deep sleep, I dreamt of blue eyes watching me.

Author's note: Hello lovely readers! First of all I want to take the time to thank you for checking out my story. Now it's my first one so please bear with me in this journey. I'd greatly appreciate any likes, comments, or advice you'd like to share with me. Thanks!! With love,

Kaynik94