Just a kiss, right?

"Later, okay?" Don asked, after some hesitation. "I have some errands to run and I can't just be out for the whole day. How about I come over in the evening, bring a bottle of wine?" 

"Well, alright." Stevie nodded, feeling like he didn't want to be around her at all. 

"I'll call you if there's a change of plans." He took her hand and kissed the back of it, smiling reassuringly. 

Sighing, Stevie got out of the car, as she took slow steps towards the luxurious apartment building. She tossed her handbag aside as soon as she unlocked and pushed the door open, collapsing on the couch in the living room. She was exhausted, not being able to sleep during the flight, the stress had really started catching up with her. 

Not even taking her clothes off, she climbed into bed and closed her eyes, falling asleep instantly. She managed a few restless hours of rest, waking up before 5 pm. She checked her phone, finding several missed calls; only two from Lindsey and about six from Karen.

Her attempts of getting a hold of Lindsey were unsuccessful, so she decided to send him a text, saying:

'I'm so sorry I left like that, Linds. I know you're mad and I understand you don't want to talk to me right now, but really, please forgive me. I had to come back to LA, there was going to be a story in the press... I know you wouldn't have let me go or you would have joined me and this was something I needed to do on my own, knowing what chaos your presence would have caused. Again, I'm sorry, I'll be back as soon as possible. Love you to the moon and back, Linds.'

That definitely took her a while to type out, but if he wasn't answering her calls, at least she hoped he would read the message, not that it would change everything back to normal, but it certainly wouldn't make things worse.

Then Stevie tried Karen, who picked up almost immediately.

"Stevie!"

"Hi, Karen..."

"Oh my God, I've been worried sick about you!"

"I'm fine, I'm at my condo right now. I'll catch up on sleep and get on a plane to Sydney tomorrow."

"What in the world was so important you had to do that you-"

"It doesn't matter, okay? Just forget about it. It's dealt with. Better tell me about Lindsey."

"He's a mess. He's both very angry and worried. He came to question me about you, then nobody saw or heard a word from him. He's been locked up in that room the whole time. I really hope you come back soon."

"I will."

After saying goodbye, Stevie hung up, now Don on her mind, wondering if he was going to show up or not. He didn't mention the exact time and she had nothing to do, just waiting for him, as she decided on a bubble bath. She made sure the water was almost too hot, but she didn't care, sinking herself in the tub up to her neck. It relaxed her greatly, as she got out only after about an hour, putting on her silk nightie and a robe on top. She was drying her hair with a towel, when the bell rang, relief washing over her.

"Still want me as your company?" Don was leaning against the doorway, holding up a bottle of red wine. 

"Come in." Stevie nodded, smiling. "I didn't think you would come."

"I promised, didn't I?"

"That you did." She said, going back to the bathroom for the usual routine of lotions and moisturizers that she didn't get to apply yet.

"Should I follow you?"

"Nothing you haven't seen before." She shrugged, as he entered the bedroom and sat down on the bed, while she was working some lotion into the skin of her legs. "Why don't you open the bottle and bring it here."