My world

"Remember, you're forbidden to wear black." Lindsey said, passing the bedroom, seeing Stevie with several clothes choices on the bed.

"Well, then tell me where we're going. I don't want to make a fool out of myself." She stood, hands on her hips.

"No. But don't worry, nobody else will be there, just you and I. Oh, and it's an overnight stay. At least overnight."

Stevie exhaled deeply, going back into her closet, asking loudly. "Should I wear a dress?"

"Whatever you feel comfortable in, babe." Lindsey replied, collecting his own toiletries from the bathroom. "It's summer, so if that dress is going to be all flowy and thin material, sure."

After about another hour, Stevie had settled for what Lindsey suggested, wearing light make up as well, her hair in natural curls, as she let it dry by itself. She was so not used to dressing this way, she was sure the dress showcased her 'flaws', he sensed it easily.

"You look great, stop it." He said, opening the passenger's door.

"Yeah, well, you're supposed to say that."

"No, I mean it. You are beautiful." He cradled her face in his hands and gave her a brief kiss, which left her blushing slightly. She was still getting used to the changes to their relationship.

"So..." Stevie tried again, when Lindsey pulled out of their driveway. "Where did you say we were driving to?"

"I didn't." He reached for his sunglasses, then turned the radio on. "I have a feeling you will like it though. We'll be near the ocean. It's not a very long drive, so sit back and enjoy." He glanced at her for a second, before concentrating back on the road.

Like Lindsey promised, not much later he stopped the car and Stevie looked around, then at him. "We're in Malibu."

"Correct." He nodded and got out of the car as did she. "Come." He held out his hand for her. "We'll get our stuff later."

Stevie followed him, while he searched for the keys in his pocket. "You rented us a beach house? Aw, that's so sweet."

"Better. I bought us a beach house."

"Are you feeling okay? You sure that headache is gone?"

Lindsey rolled his eyes, pushing the front door open to almost an empty house. "I kind of expected you to say, thank you, Lindsey, you're such a fantastic husband!"

She felt slightly bad for her lack of reaction, as she pouted, looking up at him, puppy eyes and all. "Thank you, Lindsey, you're such a fantastic husband."

"Come here." He pulled her closer, as she stood on her tip toes kissing his lips.

"But why?"

"Because I know how much you love the ocean and whenever you feel like it, you can walk down to the beach or walk out onto the balcony and it's before you, in all its glory."

"You're really are a fantastic husband." She said smiling. "Are we moving here full time?"

"Would you like to?"

"Firstly, I want to decorate it! I'm so glad it's basically empty at the moment."

"Yeah, I thought you would." He laughed, now following her as she began looking through the whole house. "Don't go in there." He stopped her suddenly, when she reach for the handle to what would be their bedroom.

"Why?" She stared at him suspiciously.

"You'll find out later."

"Fine." Although, her curiosity was through the roof.

It was getting dark now, which was what Lindsey was waiting for. He made sure that at least a couch and a TV would be there, so he had her occupied for the time it would take him to prepare what he had planned for her.

"Seriously, Linds? You want me to watch TV?"

"Please, sweetheart. Just for... like twenty minutes, okay?"

"Well, alright. But be quick."

Lindsey didn't even take twenty, before he returned to Stevie, switching the TV off and asking for her hand. He walked her to the terrace, where they climbed down the wooden steps and onto the sand, her heart melting already.

"Aw, Lindsey..."

"I know it's messy and you would have done a much better job, but-"

"No, no baby, this is perfect." She was smiling reassuringly, as they approached a plaid, with several cushions tossed around, a bottle of champagne in a bucket in the middle of it, scented candles, even incense surrounding their little spot. He also had a basket with all sorts of foods for them to snack on, fruits and such. "You are so thoughtful, Lindsey Buckingham."

He slid his arm around her waist, bringing her in for a lot more passionate kiss than the one they shared earlier. "I was hoping to take your mind off things."

"You did."

They sat down on the blanket and Lindsey poured each a glass of champagne as they began talking about the most random of things, having agreed not to get into their still unresolved issues. The whole time he was looking at her, while she spoke, thinking just how lucky he was, having such a beautiful, inside and out, woman by his side. She was so girlish tonight, reminding him of when they were younger, kids really, remembering the first time he was brave enough to take her hand or kiss her (on the cheek). No other woman had made him so shy, but she did. The way she carried herself, how carefree she could be, it often scared him, he wouldn't know how to act when she was like that. More often than not, she would be the one to start something; her hand would accidentally brush his, she would lean her head on his shoulder, she would kiss him goodbye on the cheek and catch the corner of his mouth...

But not this time.

Lindsey stopped her mid-sentence, taking the half empty champagne glass and putting it away as he pushed her onto her back and pressed his lips firmly against hers. All she could do was succumb, locking her hands around his neck as he wasted no time making himself at home between her thighs, causing her to break the kiss as she breathed out heavily, looking up at him, questioning him whether he wanted this as bad as she did.

He wasn't that careless, looking around, finding the beach to be completely empty and they were almost fully surrounded by darkness.

He nuzzled her neck, one hand caressing her hip, as she had already started lifting his shirt over his head. They both understood they were not going to be making love, but they had time for that later. She wanted nothing more than to finally feel his skin against her own, fully, but the desire she had for him right at this moment, was too overpowering to take this inside.

She connected their lips again, then reached in between them, undoing his jeans. He gathered her dress around her waist, hooking his thumb into her panties, as he slid them down her legs and overtook what she had started, teasing her some, before he thrust inside her, both groaning at the feeling, which they deprived each other of for too long. His movements were fast and unsteady, as she held onto him with her arms and legs, pressing their bodies as close to the other as possible, droplets of sweat forming on his forehead already. He bit and sucked on every inch of her upper body, which was exposed, before finally looking into her mesmerizing chocolate eyes. He was so overtaken by emotions, he had to shut his eyes, feeling them well up, as he buried his face in the curve of her neck, as he climaxed, her name escaping from her lips again and again.

He cuddled her close, spooning her from behind, as they were both trying to catch their breaths. Their love making had always been something else, but this... this couldn't have been possibly described in words.

"You're my world." He whispered into her hair, bringing a content smile to her face.