It could help

"Stevie?" Lindsey knocked on the bedroom door the following morning. He carefully opened the door, the last thing he wanted was to piss her off even more first thing the new day. "Karen's here. She said you have an interview on the phone."

"Mhm." She grunted from under the covers. "Thanks."

He hesitated his next move for a second. "Do you want me to have some coffee ready for you?"

"Sure, whatever." She yawned, sitting up in bed.

Still half asleep, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and hair, before putting on the first thing in the closet; chances were it was going to be leggings and a black loose fitting blouse, that stopped above her knees. 

"Good morning." Karen greeted, when Stevie entered the kitchen, Lindsey already out of the sight. 

"Hey." She said back, getting on the stool at the breakfast bar, reaching for her coffee.

"Everything alright?"

"What do you mean?"

Karen gave Stevie a sort 'are you kidding me' look. "You can cut the tension through with a knife. Are you two at war again?"

"I told Lindsey about Don. Decide for yourself."

"Oh dear God, no..."

"Well, at least I finally got his attention." She shrugged, cursing as the coffee was too hot. "Can we just have this interview over with?" Karen wasn't going to argue, skipping through pages of her notebook for the number. "Can you just text them my answers? The questions will be the same as always anyway."

"If you don't feel up to it, we can reschedule?"

"No, I want it done." Stevie said, taking the phone from Karen.

Lindsey felt so out of place at his own home, he didn't know where to go and what to do. Even his beloved studio wasn't where he wanted to be at the moment. It had to be one of the many reasons Stevie was pissed off at him, he did spend the majority of time in there. But he wasn't going to join them in the kitchen and listen on the conversation, was he? Still, he wanted to know what she was going to tell the interviewer. 

He sat down in the living room and turned the TV on on a low volume, so he could hear everything. 

"Yes, Fleetwood Mac is on a three month long break right now... Oh, trust me, we needed it!... This is something I get asked a lot, but I don't know. I... I love the band, I do, but I'm not sure I want to commit to doing another album. It takes so long and we're not as young anymore, I feel that I want to concentrate on my solo career more maybe, sometimes I think to myself that Fleetwood Mac has already been at its best, what else could we do, you know?... Right, I released 24 Karat Gold and we left for the tour, that's correct. Those songs I put on that record are so special to me, I don't want to just forget them and leave them behind. I definitely want to bring it to people, I want to tour with that album and I will... Um... I can't say for sure, but I am leaning towards another album of my old demos, because as I found out, people love so many of my unreleased songs that they find on the internet, so I think, why not?... Well... It's Fleetwood Mac, you know? There's always going to be drama surrounding the band. I think that what we really need is for the last leg of the tour to be over and we should all spend as much time as possible away from each other, not go straight to the studio and be stuck with each other again for God knows how long... That is right, one of the band members is my husband, but believe it or not, he and I need some time apart too..." 

Lindsey didn't listen to the rest of it after what she said last and the awkward laugh that followed. Was she thinking about divorce already? Why didn't he listen when she was voicing her worries about their relationship? How on earth could he just ignore her? Her wants and needs, her

When he heard Stevie say goodbye, he turned the volume up, pretending to be interested in some talk show that he had never watched before, as hers and Karen's voices got louder. "How did it go?" He asked quickly, so she wouldn't pass him by again. 

"Fine, I guess. Although, I'm sure you heard everything yourself."

"I... no, I was watching-"

"Five women discuss celebrities?"

"Yeah..."

Oh God, Karen thought to herself, I need to get out of here! "Oh, shoot! I forgot I had a doctor's appointment today, I should be going."

"Doctor's appointment? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just a checkup." She hugged Stevie goodbye and made her exit.

"Stevie?" 

"What?" She asked, although, she was ready to go back and lock herself up in the bedroom.

"Can you come in for a sec?"

"What is it, Lindsey?" She sighed, signaling her annoyance. 

"I was... I'm sure you're going to think it's stupid, but I thought maybe... maybe we should try marriage counselling? Maybe if someone forced us to talk to each other, we would?"

"Are you serious?" She folded her arms, unsure whether he was joking or not. 

"Yes. I did a lot of thinking. We're both to blame for everything that's happening. I don't want us to separate."

"Are you drunk? High?"

"No. I think it could help us."

After another day of not communicating at all, Stevie and Lindsey were in the waiting room to see a specialist, that was recommended to him by a friend. They were famous people, they couldn't go to the first one.

"Mr. and Mrs. Buckingham?" A very common looking therapist came out to ask them in. 

They sat down on the couch and the woman, who was going to treat them, sat opposite them.

"Well, then... What seems to be the problem?"

"He doesn't care about me as a woman anymore."

"She's a whore."

"O-okay..." The doctor shifted in her seat, taking a deep breath. 

This was going to be a long session...