Epilogue 2:Tragically Beautiful

Bubbly By Colbie Calliat
The rain is fallin' on my window pane
But we are hidin' in a safer place
Under cover stayin' safe and warm
You give me feelings that I adore
They start in my toes
Make me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go
I've been asleep for a while now
You tuck me in just like a child now
'Cause every time you hold me in your arms

I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth
It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose, the feelin' shows
Cause you make me smile
Baby, just take your time now
Holdin' me tight

I drove to Jay's place to drop off Daniel. It had began to rain on my way to Sinny's house. By the time I got to Sinjay's place it was a heavy down pour. I didn't keep an umbrella in my ancient car. Jay came to my car with an umbrella and an extra one for me. He had always been so responsible when Faye wasn't clouding his judgement. I liked that about him, the responsible part. He unstrapped Dan from the carseat and handed him to me whilst he carried the heavy luggage.  I was going to Honolulu for my honeymoon with Jake.  This was going to be the longest week away from Dan. I was not happy about it at all.

The umbrella didn't do much. It was raining cats and dogs and the wind had started to blow the rain away. I rushed to the patio and waited for Jay to arrive. He dropped some of the bags to the floor and opened the door. I honestly was hoping Faye wasn't around. When I got in I realized  he had redocorated his house in white and black and it looked amazing, it still looked classic meets modern . I placed Dan's car seat on the floor, Dan in my arms and switched on the TV to make things less awkward for us. Sinny went off to drop Danny's bags in the guest room.

I really hadn't been in the house for a while. The living room still had pictures of Daniel and I. I walked to the bathroom and ran Danny a bath. I didn't want him catching a fever whilst I was away.

After his bath he did not take long to fall asleep. I went to his room and realized his bed wasn't there. A barefooted Jay walked in and realized what I had been looking for.

"His bed's in my room."

I walked to my old room. Nothing about it had changed at all. Apart from the extra bed in the corner of the room nothing had changed at all. What used to be my side of the closet was empty. The places where my stuff used to be were empty. I placed Dan in his bed and headed to the guest bathroom to take a shower. The rain was still falling so hard. I couldn't drive back to Jake's place.

After my shower I borrowed a robe as I dried my clothes and I made myself some tea and sat on the chair and pretended to watch whatever was on TV. There was football and I couldn't be bothered to change. I went out on the patio. This was supposed to be my wedding night and here I was, stuck at my ex's place, watching the rain fall. Just then Jake called.

"Hey. How's it that side,"he asked.

"Too much rain. At least it's after the wedding. I miss you already."

"Should I come pick you up?"

"No. There's too much rain you should not be driving. I'll be back as soon as it clears."

"Stay safe, okay?"

"I will."

I knew the stay safe was his way of asking me not to fall back into Jay's lair. Jake was pretty good at handling people and awkward situations. He rarely got mad at someone. It scared me. He was a weird person. I guess his weirdness drew me to him. He was my calm. I could depend on him with my life, everything.