complicated complications

"Stay With Me" by Sam Smith
[Verse 1:]
Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?
[Chorus:]
Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

I walked to Tala's dorm after my shift. I found her writing an assignment on her laptop. She didn't even look up when I got in. I walked to her mini fridge and took a bottle of sprite. I gulped straight from the bottle.

"You dork!"she screamed,"I don't know what STIs you have gotten from that guy. "

Usually I was used to this sort of way she talked but what she said today hurt.

"It is just a drink Tala,"I said.

Before Jay and I accidentally did the deed Jay and Tala got on fine. She actually used to tease me about liking him. Now she hated him. And it was all my fault.

"I don't know where that mouth has been,"she said still typing furiously on her pc.

"All I did was kiss him, "I said defensively.

She stopped typing and looked at me with her mouth open. I knew she was referring to yesterday.

"Will you let it go. "

"I will after you explain to me what you are gonna do. What did you guys discuss? "

"He'll come pick me up tomorrow so we can go to the clinic. "

She exhaled in relief and smiled. At least the insults had stopped.

"He may be young but he is responsible, "she said, teasing me.

"At least he is not being weird about it like you are. "

"What are you telling your boyfriend? "

"Nothing, "I said as I took another sip. I was going to cross that bridge when the timing was right. She gave me a dirty look but she didn't say anything.

❤❤❤

On Monday morning around 10 am Sinny called. I got all excited about the call. We hadn't talked since Sunday morning.

"Coco, hey."

I sensed I would not like the news he was gonna tell me by the tone of he used.

"wassup? "

"The doctor wouldn't fit us in today. She says she is fully booked till tomorrow at four. Will you be free then? "

"I got a class but I could skip for the appointment. "

"I am sorry. And thanks. I will confirm that we will be visiting her office at four then."

"okay. "

"Take care. "

"You too. "

I still held the phone against my ear even after he hang up. He was acting all formal. Like this was a business transaction. And it stung. It stung being the other woman and the one night stand.