Are you playing with me?

The morning went by without their notice, until Ji Eun’s stomach growled. Seung Ho laughed, to which earned him a glare from her. “I’m sorry. It must be noon now. If only I knew we’re going to see each other, I should have brought a picnic basket.”

“Do you ask every girl you just meet on a picnic?”

“Nah. Woman I meet don’t usually go for picnic-type guys. You’re the first one to be asked.”

“Well, thank you for that, Seung Ho-ssi.”

“That sounded bad.Oppa works for me.”

“Well for me, it doesn’t”

“Ouch.” Seung Ho pretended to be hurt. “It;s weird to be called Mister. I’m just a few years older than you.”

“And how many is that?”

“Uhm, around 4 years? You’re 20, right?”

Ji Eun nodded, but still thinking. “I’ve just met you. People will think bad of me if they hear me.”

Seung Ho shrugged. “It really doesn’t matter. Anyway, let’s go find lunch. If you want we could go back to the ranch and grab something to eat.”

Ji Eun felt uneasy. Though this stranger is not really a stranger, she gets butterflies in her stomach whenever he looks at her. She shook her head. “I’m sorry, you’ve been really kind, but I can’t go with you.”

“Scared?”

“Of what?”

“Of me.”

“Why would I be?”

“I don’t know. You should know it.”

Ji Eun looked away.

Seung Ho stood up. “Okay, I’ll grab lunch and come back here. Wait for me.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to talk to you more.”

“Why?”

“Just.”

He winked and went to his horse tied few feet from them.

“Wait for me.”

It sounded like a promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe he was bored, that’s why he was playing with me. Ji Eun thought. Or maybe he was so guilty that he was making it up with her. But why does she feel that her heart hurt? Like it beat so hard that it hurts.

Thunder rolled from a far. Ji Eun feels the heavy air, and she knew it will rain. She looked back where Seung Ho disappeared. Will he be angry if I leave now? Thunder was getting louder, as if a storm is approaching. Without thinking, she wrote a short note and left it on the tree.

I’m sorry, Seung Ho-ssi. It’s going to rain. I’ll see you next time.