Chapter 11. Please Stay

STATUS: 1st EDIT

"Harry, I think what you offered just isn't an option for me, but I'll ask you to let me tell him myself. It will be better that way."

The words left my mouth and tore away at any hopes of my happy ending. I refused to go through with Harry's demands. That would just make things worse.

"Nina, I'm not going to tell him and neither do you."

His voice cracked through the phone. I was confused. This whole situation is confusing to me. Trying to destroy Niall in the beginning, before I found out his actual feeling towards me, I felt like a completely different person. My life seemed to do a complete 180 in the matter of a week. Now the boy I wanted to ruin, tear the floor from under his feet, was now the person I wanted to feel against my skin, to hold and love and kiss and wake up next to. I want him and nothing more, but I can't have him without some complications. Harry seemed to be the biggest one so far.

"What are you talking about?"

I was puzzled why wouldn't he want Niall to know. I was confused and utterly heartbroken, knowing Niall would soon find out I was the one that caused him so much pain.

"I was testing you. Do you really think I would go off and have a fling with you when you're dating my best mate? You make him so happy. None of the boys, including myself, have ever seen him so cheerful and full of life. The smile you bring to his face when he talks about you and old memories, he is so happy to have gotten you back. I wouldn't dare be the one to break that up, unless you didn't feel the same way. By you willing to tell him and reject my offer, it shows me you love him as much as he loves you, if not more. Your secret is safe with me. I just don't agree with what you did."

His words were like the vaccination I needed to stop these doubtful and consumable thoughts.

"Thanks Harry, but you made me realize I have to tell him if I want any chance at a real relationship. I just don't know how."

I was putting my heart on the line with someone I barely knew, but he was listening and I was talking, so I just went with it.

"You'll know when the time is right. Don't force anything and if he goes crazy just leave him to his thoughts. If he really loves you he'll come to his senses eventually. He'll just need time."

Time. What a word. It grants us the gift of life, until it runs out then it sneaks up behind you. Then you're gone from this world, forgotten about and overlooked, just like our ancestors before. It's a never-ending cycle, but without it I wouldn't know how it feels to be alive. That is a miracle within itself.

"Thanks, Harry. I gotta go, but hopefully we can talk a bit more. You're a lot wiser than people make you out to be."

I giggled to myself as I heard a bit of curse words fly through the phone, followed by someone crashing into something. I didn't get to ask what happened because the phone went dead. I knew he was okay because I heard a laughing Zayn help him before the phone disconnected.

I set my mobile down on the dresser and stared at it. I did not want to do what had to be done, but gradually I built the courage up to dial his number. With every other ring, my chest tightened and I began to have dizzy spells until I heard his voice. I know I can do this. All I have to do is breathe.

"Babe, you there?"

His monotone voice shot through my ears and sent goose bumps up my spine. I hoped I had the same effect on him, but one can only hope.

"Can you meet me at my apartment as soon as possible? I wa- I need to tell you something."

I was barely holding on, but I knew letting this off my chest would help relieve some pressure.