Lost, Love, Reunited

Stories.

A simple word with many meanings.

Guy wants girl.

They are secretly together.

They run away when their family says no.

And then they love happily ever after.

Very basic story plot line.

I wish that's how mine ended...

But it didn't...nor does it ever in real life.

Fairy tales to me don't exist.

Sure, love can be real.

I just haven't found it.

That's because the guy I like probably wouldn't even know who I was if his life depended on it.

But, every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end...

So, let me start from the beginning.

Let me start by introducing myself.

Hi, I'm Kaitlyn.

Dorky,awkward,high schooler from Ireland with a big crush on a guy that doesn't even know I exist.

Yep, that's me alright.

I know, so cool!

I was the nobody of the school.

Tormented by the plastics and basically everyone else too for that matter.

I wear glasses and baggy clothes, but that's all for a reason.

I don't like to talk about it nor do I ever want to because talking about it means reliving it.

I'm very musical, intelligent, sporty, and quite talented in many different categories.

It was one of the main reasons nobody liked me.

That and I was a general high school 'freak'.

Oh well.

My main goal was to even survive the next class I had of the day, especially the ones I had with Jane and her group.

Jane was the main plastic and her group consisted of her wannabes.

I walked to my fifth hour class, gym.

I quickly got changed, pulled my hair up, fixed my glasses, and ran out to the track.

I stood awkwardly by myself as everyone else eventually walked out of the school to the track as well.

And sure enough here came the plastics, walking straight to me.

"Aw look it's little miss baggy clothes and glasses all by herself. What a surprise." Jane tormented with a smile.

Gosh what a bitch.

I hated her.

I don't mean stupid high school conflict hate, I mean I physically hated her with all my heart.

"What? Do you not speak?" Her stupid side kick blurted out as I stood there quiet.

The other one pushed me down to the hard painful gravel covering the concrete pavement we stood on.

They pulled at my hair, kicked me, yelled things to me, as everyone stood around shouting fight.

This happened daily.

Every single chance they got.

I kid you not, this happened all the time.

And through out it all, I never said a single word.

I used to in the beginning, but it just encouraged them and gave them what they wanted, so I stopped after a certain amount of time.

I kind of just gave up.

I knew nobody would help me.

Until I heard a voice ring out as the crowd parted.

Oh no...

"Hey, Hey, what the hell? Pick on someone your own size Jane! Or did you already sleep with all of them?" He smirked in her face as everyone became silent.

I though that was Damn hilarious.

But, I didn't dare laugh.

"whatever." Was her only comeback as she flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and turned on her heel as her and the rest of her group walked away.

Sure enough the rest of the group departed too, since now there was no fight to watch.

Just me destroying any thread of dignity I had left.

I stood up brushing myself off as I felt him touch my arm as if to stable me.

"Are you okay? I'm really sorry she did that... " He said apologizing on her behalf.

I looked up meeting his blue eyes gazing into mine.

Oh no.

Panic.

Panic.

Panic.

And sure enough before even a word came out, I ran.

I didn't really know where to until I was there.

The music room.

I quickly got in, shut the door, locked it, went to the very back of the room and pulled out my music that was hidden here.

I tended to come here a lot.

It was my safe place.

Where I could be me and nobody could see or judge me.

Now is the time to explain.

He, the guy that I just ran away from in panic, is my crush.

Niall Horan.

Blue eyed dream boy, I've had a huge crush on since I was in first grade.

But, things change.

He went on to become popular.

And I went on to become...Well, me.

Dork and secret musician in training.

But, when he's around...I freeze up and can't speak.

If my mom were around she would say things like 'you got it bad.' or 'just talk to him', or at least that's what I hoped she would say.

I played my piece adding a few notes here and there, changing the melody, the words, etc until the lunch bell rang.

"Great." I muttered to myself.

Now I get to go face the guy I just ran away from, the girls who try to kill me everyday, and everyone who is waiting for me to disappear.