Chapter 25

My dad walks back into the living room and says "Okay if that's all you had to give her." While putting his arm around him walking him towards the door.

"Oh dad actually I'm going to tutor him for a little. Is that okay?" I say gesturing my eyes towards the stairs to Cam.

My dad says "He doesn't have any of his school books."

"We'll figure it out." I say grabbing Cameron's hand and bolting up the stairs.

While we are mid running up the stairs Cameron says "Um did you just invite me into your room? And did your dad just let you bring me in your room?"

"Trust me I just saved you." I say.

We enter my room and he says "What do you mean?"

"Britney is like breaking your door down." I say laughing while sitting on my bed.

"Oh that." He says.

"Yeah. You know she's been doing that?" I ask.

Cameron slides his hand in his pocket and takes out his phone. He turns it towards me. He scrolls through all of the notifications from Britney and says "Yeah I know. I wish I didn't. She going to break my phone with this many messages and calls."

He looks out the window and says "It looks like she might be leaving soon."

I quickly change topics and ask him "So what really happened last night? Cause I've been getting a lot of different stories."

"Maybe you don't want to know and you can just put it in the past." He says eyes drifting towards my desk scanning my pictures with my friends.

He sees the picture I now regret putting on there of me and this guy. He picks it up to look closer and says "You were homecoming queen in your last school?"

I get off my bed and run over to him and try to grab for the picture. He holds it up high enough so I couldn't reach it.

"Give it." I say.

"Is this your boyfriend? Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks while looking at it again. While I continue to try and get it.

"Yes I was homecoming queen. No big deal. Now give me the picture." I say.

"And no he broke up with me before I left to come here. He said the distance was too much, and long distance relationships never last." I say laying down on my carpet.

He lays next to me keeping a little distance between us. I hear the door bell ring and I know my dad is probably going to open the door, but I am still curious on who it is. I get up and walk towards my door.

"Come on. 20 bucks it's Britney." I say jokingly. We both laugh and start walking down the stairs. I yell to my dad "I got it!" I think he might be in the backyard.

I open the door not paying attention because I am looking at Cam. He looks at me in the cutest way. It makes the world stop.

I turn and make eye contact with...Scott. I look at Cam and then look back at Scott.

Scott has flowers and says "Oh is now a bad time?"

Scott and Cameron exchange dirty looks discreetly.

I use a split moment to think and say "No it's fine I was just tutoring Cameron."

Scott looks at me as if I just said two plus two equals five. "Wait you're tutoring Cameron?" He asks.

"Yeah." I respond looking at Cam.

"Oh." He says. "Well I got you flowers. I'm so sorry I couldn't really help you last night." While handing me the colorful flowers.

"I don't really remember much. Why couldn't you help me?" I ask trying to figure out why.

"Oh never mind." Scott says.

"He was totally wasted." Cameron blurts out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- I know this is a short chapter I promise the next one will be much longer. I just need time for my idea flow to come back. Thanks for the votes and comments lately.

Team Cameron or Team Scott?