dreams and promises

Alyssa ran to her room and called Jake,she knew she wasn't allowed and that if anyone found out she might as well be dead but it didn't matter to her she needed him."Alyssa?" Jake whispered over the phone,she breathed a sigh of relief hearing his

voice was like listening to the fresh breeze of wind on a sunny day,pure and calm."I-can't do this anymore,I have all this anger and pain and I can't hold it in anymore I can't live here anymore jake, I can't live here knowing what dad does to mom,I can't" she spoke through tears.Jake listened patiently and then said "Alyssa,close your eyes and tell me what you see? what do you dream about?" she didn't know what he was trying to do but she closed her eyes and said "I dream about me and you having a life far far away,going to college together,I see myself with you sitting under the starts squeezing your hand while you kiss my neck." it all just burst out from Alyssa's mouth.Jake smiled he couldn't help but blush that's what he wanted that's what he always wanted."I don't know why life is the way it is,I don't know why bad things happen to good people especially when those good people try so hard,I don't know why bad people exist,I don't know why everyone can't just get along and stop hurting each other,I don't know if it ever gets better" he stopped there for a minute looking for the right words to say and then finally he said "but what I do know is that I love you,now and forever and I don't know if we'll ever be happy or if we'll ever have a good life but I promise I'll be here for you every step of the way.

if you've liked the story so far please vote it would mean the world,if you have any ideas or opinions on the story please comment and let me know.