Shattered Glass

Alyssa's life was just this big bowl of disappointments,she was tired of caring too much,loving too much and being hurt over and over again,thinking about her life made her sad,everything made her sad."Life is tragic,but it is never not beautiful" was one of her favorite account and she completely and utterly agreed with it."I'm home" she said to her mom who was washing the dishes,their was blood everywhere and glass shattered.She knew something was up,it was her dad he had hit her again."HE HIT YOU AGAIN DIDN'T HE" she shouted,she was sick and tired of living in a dysfunctional family with a father who had anger management issues,a mom who was too scared and too "in love" to do anything about it and a younger brother who was too young to live such a life.Patricia burst into tears and although Alyssa and her mom had never gotten along at that moment it didn't matter,she embraced her mother hugging her tightly."He...didn't mean to hit me...it was an accident..he won't do it again" Patricia stuttered nervously."NO MOM THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID LAST TIME IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING I WILL" I screamed with tears in my eyes,my mother didn't deserve this,my brother didn't deserve this,we didn't deserve this.