17|| Adjustments

I honestly have no other way to describe the last 2 days other than adjustments and a lot of them.

Liam and I have come to terms that nothing will ever be the same again now that Elizabeth is here but we couldn't be happier.

We are still in the hospital and will be released today, its currently 4:02 am and I'm laying in my hospital bed with my baby laying on my chest and my man by my side.

These last couple days have not only been full of adjustments, but also helped me realize how blessed I am. Now that baby girl is here now we can get back to some wedding planning, Woo hoo! I can't wait to marry this hunk!

Elizabeth starting crying so I began to run smooth circles in her back and be sure not to wake Liam.

Liam wont be going on tour anytime soon despite some thoughts Simon had, so his fans aren't happy but Elizabeth and I definitely are!

___________________________________________________________

8:12 am

Liam and I have packed our bags for the final time, despite multiple checks and the nurse has just brought a wheel chair in to wheel me to the car.

Wow, this feels surreal!

As we were walking (well, I was being pushed) I couldn't help but feel emotional at the fact that when Liam and I walked in here together 2 days ago, we were just two people and now 3 of us are going home.

I sat there with Elizabeth in my lap as Liam went out to the Parking lot to get the car. He pulled the car up to the overhang and hopped out to help get us loaded. I could walk but the nurses prefer to wheel you out.

Liam got Elizabeth strapped in the back seat and I got in the back with her just to be next to her for the ride home or in case something happened.

I put my seatbelt on and Liam got in and started the car

Liam turned around in his seat and looked at me with those big beautiful eyes and said

"I'm so proud of you & I promise to love you forever. You are a beautiful mummy and have done an amazing job with everything. I can't wait to marry you. I love you more than words can describe"

I was speechless, that was the sweetest thing he has ever said to me, and he's said a lot.

I just pulled him into a kiss, and it was a long one.

I couldn't come up with the words I needed and he knew that. He knew I loved him with everything in me and knew I wouldn't want to be with anyone else, or love anyone else, or have a family with anyone else.

"I love you Liam Payne"

"and I love you too" he said

The car ride home was a very interesting ride, and a lot more bumpy then I remembered it to be.

Elizabeth did fine on the way home and I was very thankful!

We pulled up to the house for probably the millionth time, but now it felt even more complete, like we were missing something before but that piece had been found and now we were a complete little family.

Liam shut the car off and immediately opened the door, he helped me out first and then unhooked Elizabeth's car seat from the holder and got her out too.

He waited to get the other stuff out and we linked arms as we walked up to our front door with Elizabeth in his arms, sound asleep.

He unlocked the front door and I immediately saw a "welcome home" poster and many balloons. I also saw some keys on the table.

I walked over to them and realized that they were house keys.

"What are these?" I asked

Liam got a big smile on his face

"The keys to our new house" he said "I figured with a growing family now, this little thing won't really do any more, I got us a little something bigger that we can raise a bunch of babies in"

I was overwhelmed with excitement and I a little taken aback, he wanted a lot of kids & so do I now that Elizabeth has been born.

To be honest, after such a rough pregnancy I wasn't sure if I wanted to have more babies after Elizabeth but now that she's here, I know being a mum is so rewarding and I would do it a million times if I could!

"I love you" I said "and I can't wait to see out new house and have a bunch of babies with you"

"Me too, beautiful. So how many kids are we talking here, because I was thinking about 6" he said

"Haha ok, 6 is a good number, but we will take every baby as a blessing and if God decides to give us more or less, then I will be fine either way" I said, kinda hoping that God will accidentally give us more, haha

"Agreed, so what do you say we ride over to the new house?" He asked

"I would love too" I said and we walked back out the door just as fast as we came in.

________________________________________________________________

The drive over was really pretty, with lots of trees and such.

We pulled up to a gate that I realized wasn't to a neighborhood and on the gate it said "The Paynes"

"So there is something else I didn't tell you" he continued "the house isn't in a neighborhood or anything, when I found out you were pregnant and proposed, I had the house start being built. I had it done to where it would be completed when the baby got here" he turned around and smiled at her in her car seat

"Liam this is amazing I- I don't know what to say"

"Don't say anything, just look"

He pointed towards the gates that were now opening and in sight came a ginormous house that looked to be about the size of a mansion.

He continued to drive up the mile long driveway and he stopped right in front of the garage.

He turned off the car and ran around to open my door, and then unhook her out of her car seat.

We walked up the the front porch and Liam took the keys out of his pocket. He stuck them into the key hole and I could hear the door unlock.

He turned to me and said "are you ready" and flashed me a smile

"Always" I said, just as Elizabeth started to giggle

I realized in that moment that yes, things will take some getting used too, but I couldn't be any happier with life right now.

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!
I'm supperrrrrr sorry it has been so long since I have updated!

I hope you all are enjoying this story and I cannot believe we have almost 4k reads! That is amazing, I never thought this would get that many!

I love you all sooooo much and thank you all for your support.

I promise to update soon so stay tuned!

Love you all!!

Xx,
Melody