Author's Note and Some Updates!

Hello my lovely readers!!! 

WOW! We have finally made it to the end of book two, that's kinda crazy to believe. Many of you have asked if there will be a third book and my short answer is: Of course! The Protector series is a trilogy and I've always had a plan for them to be three books. 

My long answer is this: I cannot guarantee WHEN the third book will be written. Because you all have been so supportive and great I'm going to give you some updates as to what has been going on in life with my writing. 

Some of you might remember that a month or so ago I told you about a contest I was entering with The Essence of Water (my other and much older novel). I have rewritten that story and it's very different from the first original draft that is posted here on Wattpad. 

For those of you who follow me on Twitter know I did not get a mentor in that contest, but I DID get some really awesome feedback to the people that I pitched to. These people are NOT required to give feedback, they are fully within their rights to say "NO" and not tell me why. But 4 of the 5 mentors that I sent my story to decided to give me some invaluable feedback.  (These are people who are published or are getting published or have extensive knowledge about the writing world). From all their feedback there was one underlying repeated theme that I heard from them: You have a great voice and the writing is strong. I just didn't click with the story. 

Instead of feeling beat down or discouraged, it actually encouraged me to write more. Essence of Water is a great story-it's fun, it's one of my first stories, but it's not the most original work of mine and I know that. Protector's however, is fully and wholly MINE. So I when these mentors said they didn't connect with my story in my mind I was telling myself "You've got another story that IS worthy an SO much better." 

So that's what I've been doing. I opened up Protector's and have been working hard on editing and polishing it. None of you would recognize Protectors compared to the first draft that is posted here. In the last month alone I have written 60,000 words (THAT'S A LOT). In basic terms that means I've rewritten Protectors entirely. 

 It's a brand new story and in my opinion, it's a lot better. It's tighter, the characters are stronger, the plot is cleaner, and Jade and Phantom are just as kick ass and lovable as ever. 

So if this last chapter of Sworn felt rushed or not on par with the rest of Sworn. That's because it was rushed and not on par. I've been pouring my energy into making Protector's a story that might actually be worthy of getting published and that leaves very little energy for extra writing these days. So I struggled to finish Sworn but, I wanted to give you guys an ending  instead of leaving you hanging because you're wonderful and encourage me to write. 

So where does that leave us? I want to write the third book for you all, but right now I'm focused on getting Protectors polished to a point where I feel comfortable sending it to agents. It's possible I will feel inspired to start on book three this week or it might be in January. I just don't know, but you guys are awesome and I'm not going anywhere. Maybe when everything is said and done I'll even give you some sneak peaks into the NEW version of Protectors. (Which i strongly believe you will love EVEN MORE than the one posted here. Even if you don't think that's possible!)

Thanks for being awesome, here is a  virtual cupcake that looks like Phantom for all of you. *hands out wolf cupcakes* The frosting is black so be careful, it might stain your teeth.  

With much love, 
Corri: AKA TheDowny