22. Dote [Jushiro Ukitake]

[~Dote~] 22/100 Drabbles|Bleach| [Jushiro Ukitake]

"The captain is too kind."

"Nii-chan!" You called out in your high pitched voice.

"Eh?" Ukitake head leant back as you pulled on his long white hair. He was your adopted older brother. You didn't know anything of the mysteries surrounding your birth, but that's what your older brother told you.

"Come here, little one!" Ukitake patted his lap and you crawled onto it, sitting with your legs crossed. You were a light child, about 4 and a half years old.

"Are you hungry?" Your kind older brother asked, patting your head.

You nodded enthusiastically and stood up, jumping up and down.

Ukitake grimaced slightly at the shifting weight. He hoped you didn't fall. But that was a short lived hope as you fell onto your face.

"Ah! Are you ok?" Ukitake quickly picked you up, inspecting your head and knees and elbows.

You weren't crying, you beamed at him, "Nii-chan!" You waved your arms around.

The white haired man's expression softened and he leaned you on his shoulder. He patted your back as he stood up and went to find Unohana.

As he was walking, a few tears slipped from your eyes. In the end, you ended up crying from the impact of the fall. You wanted to see your brother's smile so you wanted to try and keep smiling.

"It's ok now! Brother will keep you safe!"

"Captain..." those of the 13th division held back tears as they saw the scene unfold before them, "He's such a nice captain! That little girl is blessed!"

"Oh shut up, you guys. It's like you want to be that little girl." Rukia rolled her eyes.

"What if we do?!" They cried.

Rukia raised her hands, speechless.

These guys...they were serious.