Chapter 1

Hi~ I felt like writing two stories at a time, so here it is XD
It's still about Midorima, but the story will be focused on his little sister :)) So, enjoy~

“Chii,” I spoke up as I was staring at my friend while inside the school’s clinic. “I just realized that last time when we were together, we almost had the same height. How come you got that small?”  I told her while she stared back at me with her usual stone face.

“You’re the one who got taller, Mako-chan.”

I felt my heartbeat running wild as she said that ‘horrible’ statement to me. I can feel my internal organs shaking in despair. This is too crazy. Within months, how come I grew tall fast like this? I’m gonna be doomed.

“Next,” the school clinic’s nurse stood beside the height measuring scale, calling for the next student to be measured. We are having a physical examination today.

“It’s your turn, Mako-chan. Good luck.” my friend told me while looking at me like a ghost from behind.

I walked nervously looking at the nurse who stared at me like a monster, while feeling my heartbeat going wild like hell. I felt my rising blood pressure as I heard my own footsteps leading towards the height scale. I gulped the moment I finally stood beside the height scale, and prayed that what my friend said is not true. I hope she just mistaken, but it’s crazy for me to think that she is the one who got smaller. It’s also terrible to think that I was the one who got taller too.

The nurse held the wooden stick and attached it on the top of my head. She aligned it towards the height scale, and finally, took a glance at me.

“178centimeters.”

I completely made a terrified look on my face the moment our school nurse mentioned those ‘stupid’ three-digit numbers. I was doomed like hell. I couldn’t believe I already got this tall.

“Next please,” the nurse called out for the next student to be measured after me. I passed before my classmates who were also waiting for their turn. Their attentions switched towards me as I walked past them.

I straightly went out of the clinic, not even caring about anything but the result of my height measure. It was totally awkward to be with the people who were smaller than me, especially boys. Whenever I’m around them, it feels like I’m weird. Sometimes, some of them teases me about how tall I am. It really makes me feel down.

I sat down on the corridor, still thinking why did I get this tall. I let out a heavy sigh and shook my head. Clinic’s door suddenly opened and my friend, Kudou Chigusa came out and sat beside me.

“You’re going to blame your family for this again, aren’t you?” she questioned while staring at me with her cold purple eyes. “Ofcourse, I’m going to!” I replied with a high tone of voice due to my annoyance.  She didn’t say anything and just continued staring at me with her annoying-looking stone face.

Chigusa, whom I call “Chii” more often, is my bestfriend since kindergarten. We’re childhood friends, if I am going to say in specific. Every year, I make lots of friends despite my awkward feelings towards people with short height. But Chii was the only one who never grew tired hanging out with me despite our big differences both in looks and personalities. She is a quiet person, and always has her stone face showing no emotions, which I find annoying about her. Well, it was better if she was a bit more friendly and stop being cold hearted. But this doesn’t mean I hate her because I liked her for what she is, even if she annoys me sometimes. She was always beside me and I felt comfortable beside her. I’m glad I’ve met someone like her.

“It’s really their fault anyway,” I spoke up once more to break the silence. “If they weren’t  tall, I wouldn’t be stupidly tall like this at my age.” I added.

“Does your height change after blaming them?” she questioned me again as she still continued looking at me with her cold purple glare. Instead of speaking up, I simply made a grumpy face and crossed my arms as I avoided her stupid-looking blank stare.

“You act like a little kid,” she told me with her emotionless soft voice. I narrowed my eyebrows as I felt my cheeks burning up in a shade of pink. “B-but it’s not like I’m immature when it comes to thinking!” I protested, disagreeing to what she have said to me. “And besides, I don’t want to be told by you!” I exclaimed at her with my flushy red face. As soon as I got up, I quickly left the place not even thinking about going with her, and went back to our classroom.

“Stupid Chigusa...” I uttered as I stomped my feet in every step that I took heading towards back to our classroom.

_______________________________________________________

I was rolling on my bed back and forth while I screamed inside my room like nobody was listening. It was really frustrating that I can cry like a baby now. I kept on screaming and groaning like crazy.

“Will you already shut up, Makoto?!”

My brother entered my room as I stopped screaming and faced him while he looked at me like a furious tiger. Ofcourse, it’s not like me to lose against him, so I got up and also looked back at him with my monster-like death glare. He just sighed heavily after giving up our ‘little staring contest’.

“Quit it, Makoto. I am studying inside my room. I can’t concentrate.” He told me while pushing up his stupid framed glasses on the bridge of his nose. “Stupid onii-chan!!!” I shouted as I got annoyed more by him. I lied down again on my comfy bed while hugging a stuffed bunny tightly and hid my face in it. He sighed once more. Soon, light footsteps of his entered my quiet room and I felt him sitting down on my soft pink bed. I looked at him for awhile, as he crossed his arms and made a cold glare at me. I hid my face with my stuffed bunny once more to avoid his stupid stare.

“You can’t do anything about it,” he told me like he knew what was going on with me. It made me mad even more. In fact, I also knew it for myself that he knew what happened to me. I felt my cheeks burning red as I groaned once more like a spoiled brat. “You never understand how I feel, onii-chan! You’re stupid as ever!! I hate you!!!” 

I felt him pat my head gently. I tried to ignore it, but somehow, it made me feel calmer.  “I wish I wasn’t like this.. I hate myself..” I uttered. Soon, I felt some liquid running down my face. My brother came closer beside me and ran his fingers through my straight green hair. He didn’t say anything but I knew he was comforting me. It made me feel safer and soon, I fell asleep while sobbing myself into my own tears.