Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Relationships Lead to Heartbreak, but Maybe This Time Heartbreak Leads to Love.

I woke up, yawning and stretching. Have you ever just sat in your bed when you first wake up on a school morning and you seriously just don't want to get up. I mean, you know that you have to get up, but you just seriously don't want to?

Yeah well that is me right now.

"SHAILENE STYRLING PATTERSON!" I heard the shriek coming from my sisters mouth.

"ASHLEY SKYLER PATTERSON!" I screamed back. She barged into my room then with an annoyed look.

"Did you eat one of MY Poptarts?" Seriously. That is what this is about. Our family is kind of serious when it comes to Poptarts. And spoons. I don't exactly know what it is about spoons, but our family, we're obsessed. Well not obsessed, we are dedicated.

"Honestly, Ashley? You are screaming at me because I ate one of your Poptarts?" I said incredulously.

"So you admit that you ate my Poptart?"

"That is what I said isn't it."

"You are unbelievable. You just always have to have what is mine don't you? You can't just enjoy what you have? You have to take everybodys things. JOSH WAS MINE! And that Poptart, IT WAS MINE TOO!" Wow, that actually stung a little. I can't believe she would hit that low. That Poptart was delicious. But the Josh thing hurt a little worse.

"You seriously just went there? Josh was my boyfriend when you two were having sex. So don't think for a minute that I purposely took him from you! You took him from me. Don't be stupid, Ash. And your Poptart, WAS DELICIOUS!"

I slammed the door in her face and let out a breath. "Bitch" I murmured under my breath.

"Shai, get ready for school. We are leaving in an hour." I heard Michael call.

Either he didn't hear what just happened or he is choosing to ignore it. I bet the latter.

I jumped in the shower quickly and washed myself. Getting out quickly, and drying off I put on some random clothes, put my hair up in a pony tail, and did my make up.

I hopped down the stairs and when I got to the bottom I met Michael's very upset face.

"What did I do now Mike?"

"Why do you let her talk to you like that Shai? Honestly, I mean one good punch to the face and she would leave you alone!"

"Mike she isn't some bully at school, she's our sister, and no matter what, I still care for her?"

"Don't you care that she hurt you. She hurt you worse than anyone. Because she is your sister, is why you should be more upset with her than you are!"

"Mike, just drop it."

"I love you Shai. And I hate to see you upset."

I walked out the door heading to Mike's car. I jumped in the passenger seat and he gave me a look.

"What Mike?"

"Dean and Marnie are going to ride with us today. Their car kind of got...well lets just say it isn't working."

"Okay. They can ride with us." He was still giving me that look though. "What!?" I snapped.

"Are you going to move to the back?"

"HAHAHA, You must think I am crazy if you think I am going to be moving to the back anytime soon. I mean really Mike. I always sit in the front!"

"Fine" He grumbled and started the car.