Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Relationships Lead to Heartbreak, but Maybe This Time Heartbreak Leads to Love.

I woke up with a smile on my face. I layed in bed for a few minutes, just staring at the ceiling. It was nice just being able to relax without having to worry about anything.

I jumped out of bed a few minutes after.  Running to my closet and digging through all of my clothes. My eyes landed on a green bikini top and purple bottoms.

"YES! I found it!" I shouted enthusiastically.

I quickly put it on a ran to the bathroom. Running a brush through my knotted hair and brushing my teeth. I headed out of my bedroom running into Michael on my way.

"Hey sis, where do you think you're going?" Michael said with a smirk on his face.

"SWIMMING!" I screamed and took off running down the hall. I slowed down when I got to the stairs, but continued running. I finally got to the pool and put my towel on one of the chairs and dived into the pool. The cold water hitting my skin immediately. Realizing to late that I should have probably tested the temperature of the water.

Swimming to the edge of the pool and climbing out. I ran to my towel and dried off while shivering like a freak.

"Maybe I should just lay out. Get my bronze on" I mumbled.

I felt the skin sun heating my skin and I was beginning to get warmer. I was almost asleep when a ball landed on my stomach.

"OW!" I screamed.

I looked around and saw a blonde head peeking out from over the fence.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. My brother and I were just throwing the ball around and I just...Well...I...I'm sorry. Really sorry. Gosh. Did I hurt you? Oh if I did I am so sorry. I will pay for your medical bills. Medical? Oh gosh. Do I need to call an ambulance? Well you aren't crying? But you could be in shock! Are you in shock? Wow. Okay. Stay calm no need to worry. I will call an ambulance. It's gonna be okay. Deep breaths!" This girl was talking so fast I could barely understand her.

"I'm fine. Really. I'm just fine. It was only a beach ball."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I promise"

"Oh good. Well I'm Marnie." She said sticking her hand over the fence.

"Shai" I said while shaking her hand.

"Oh so I see you are the new neighbors. I didn't know they had a daughter. How old are you? Do you have any siblings? A hot older brother maybe? Oh my goodness. I shouldn't have said that! But I have an older brother. I was just curious!" She began again. 'Wow okay this girl is a litte hyper' I thought to myself.

"Yeah. I have an older brother and an older sister."

"Oh cool. So do you want to come over and hang out with my brother and me? We were just about to go inside until I hit you with the ball. I am really sorry about that by the way!"

"Yeah I would love to. Let me just go grab some clothes."

"Kay, just walk in when your dressed. You can use the front door!" She called climbing down from the fence.

I ran inside quickly bumping into my mom this time.

"Oops sorry Mom"

"Well hi to you too sweety. Where are you running to so quickly?"

"Oh I was just gonna go next door. I met a girl named Marnie and she invited me over to hang out with her and her brother. Do you mind if I go?"

"Yeah go ahead sweety. Just be home for dinner!"