Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Relationships Lead to Heartbreak, but Maybe This Time Heartbreak Leads to Love.

I woke up that next morning. I stared up at the ceiling.

This is only my second morning here, but I already love it. I only have about four more days until school, but I am so excited.

I got up quickly and jumped in the shower. I hurried and got dressed after checking the clock. 12:00 p.m.

'Perfect' I thought. I still have a good portion of the day to do whatever I want!

I ran downstairs trying to find my mom.

"Mom?" I yelled. No answer.

She must have went out. I went to the kitchen and got out a pen and paper.

Went out I have my cell phone. Call me or have Mike text me if you need anything.

Love Shai

I wrote quickly and headed out the door.

Now where am I gonna go. I guess I could see if Marnie wants to hang out. I walked over and rang the doorbell.

The door opened to reveal Dean. He was shirtless and had bed head. I realized then that I probably just woke him up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. I was just wondering if Marnie was around. Maybe I could talk to her?"

"Yeah. It's cool don't worry. Uh, I think she's in the kitchen." He muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"Thanks" I said and walked off towards the kitchen. "Marnie?"

"Shai? Is that you? OH hi! I was just making some cinnamon rolls. Did you want one?" She offered. Setting a plate in front of me with a huge delicious looking cinnamon roll on it.

"Yeah thanks. I haven't eaten anything yet" She sat down next to me and we ate in silence.

"Here. Let me do the dishes, then we can go to my room" Marnie said taking the plates and washing them.

When she was done she took my hand and ran up the stairs taking me to what I guess was her room.She opened a door and we walked in.

"Well this is my room." She announced.

"It's cute." I said admiring the orange walls. They were covered in notes and pictures of her and her friends. Dean was in some of them and I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh Shai. I forgot to ask you last. Are you going to High Water High School?"

"Yeah I am starting in a couple days. My parents wanted us to get settled first. I believe we are starting Wednesday or something."

"Oh cool okay. So if you need a ride. You can get a ride with Dean and I or something"

"I think my brother is going to take me, but if not I would take that offer"

"You have a brother!? Why didn't you tell me! Is he cute?"

"Yeah, I guess. Everybody at our old school said he is. But he's my brother I can't really tell you if he is or isn't."

"Well, forget your brother. Let me tell you about your new school. Let's see. Where to start...Oh. Okay. Well there are the popular people. As you can tell. The Jocks and the Cheerleaders. The quarter back, Blake, He is extremely hot. Cliche I know. He is also a total player. So watch out for him. Grace is the head cheerleader and she is extremely nice until you make her mad or something. Or get hurt one of her friends. So just stay out of her way."

"Sounds like some teen movie."

"It kinda is. I don't know why. I think people just like the drama or something. I have no clue."

Suddenly my cell went off. It was my brothers ringtone so I answered quickly.

"Hello?"

"Shailene! Where are you?"

"Marnie's."

"Well, get home please. I want to take my little sister somewhere."

"OOO, Where?"

"Somewhere! Now get home!" Then he hung up.

"How rude." I muttered putting away my phone and standing up."Sorry Marnie, but I have to go. Maybe I'll see you at school on Wednesday! Bye"

"Bye Shai!"

I walked out of her room shutting her door behind me.

"Oof" I ran into what felt like a wall. I looked up and saw that I had actually ran into a wall. Wow way to go Shai. You are so smooth. I picked myself up from the ground and left the house. Making my way home.

"I'm home. Mike where are you?"

"HERE I AM!" He screamed jumping out from behind the wall.

"Seriously Mike grow up. You know I don't get scared that easily." I said not even flinching.

"You are no fun. At least you could fake being scared or something for me!" He grumbled walking away.

"Uh Mike. You made me come home. So where are you taking me?" I asked a little irritated.

"NO WHERE! YOU ARE NO FUN!" He shouted while pouting.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously! Next time you need to fake being scared!"

"You are such a baby Mike. Such. A. Baby. I swear."

"Don't be mean. I will tell on you!"

"I'm not being mean! You're being a baby!"

"MOM! SHAI IS BEING MEAN!"

"You two need to be nice. And don't tell on your sister like a baby Michael" Mom said with a smile coming into the room.

"See even Mom agrees you're being a baby Mike!" I said sticking out my tongue!

"Shai put that tongue back in your mouth this instant." Mom said but you could hear the teasing in her voice.

"See Mom. She is being mean." Mike said pointing to me and pouting like a two year old.

"You two are such kids some times. I am going out for groceries. I want both of you to stay home. Don't go anywhere please." Mom said walking out the door.

I turned to Mike with a frown. "Well, now what are we going to do?"

"I'll make the popcorn. You get the movies!" He said excitedly heading towards the kitchen.

I ran to my room grabbing Easy A and heading towards the tv room.

I put in the movie and settled into the couch. Mike came not to long after and joined me on the couch. We got about half way through the movie before I fell asleep with my head on Mike's lap.

I could feel myself moving and I knew it was Mike taking my upstairs to my room. So I just drifted back off to sleep.