Chapter 7 - Hello & Goodbye

I know I'm getting slack with the updates, but I'm super stressed out with my Junior year & I got my first C ever 😭. Nerd problems. Lol anyways, I hope y'all still love me 😁💖

Omniscient (I like writing in omniscient. POV coming soon lol)

"Um, Hi. Is Messiah here?" Vanessa asked politely. She was hoping she got to his home before the new year, and she was right on time.

"Happy New Year!!!!!" Everyone's voice echoed through the house while Mac stood there with a slightly puzzled face with a pig in a blanket in her mouth that she's stopped chewing.

"Mac who's at the door?" Kenzie came around the corner wondering why she stood there with that crazy look on her face. "And you are?"

"Vanessa. You must be Mackenzie. It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard lots." Vanessa stood there with a genuine smile on her face waiting on Mac to shake her hand but she never did. She walked away into the living room where Messiah was leaving from. He looked at her weird expression.

"Ness! What's good?!" Messiah cheesed dapping Ness up and then hugging her. Everyone but Carter looked surprised. He even hugged her. From all of the great things his dad had told him, he was dying to meet her and her son who came in behind her. He and Carter had talked even from time to time.

"You guys this is Vanessa, my good friend. We met in New York a few months ago."

Vanessa greeted everyone and automatically felt at home. The kids loved feeling her stomach making comparisons between she and Mackenzie. Everyone except one person was warming up to her and everyone noticed.

"Mac, baby, can you help me in the kitchen." Messiah said before coming to help her up from the couch while admiring the way her hair fell around her slightly swollen face. Instead of taking her to the kitchen, he took her to his bedroom because she'd never been in there. He let her look around the beautiful room that Michelle had helped him decorate.

"It's beautiful." She stated simply coming out of the bathroom before rushing back in because the baby was indeed resting on her bladder.

"I'm glad you like it......," he trailed off. "I didn't know how you'd react with her coming but I figured you'd two get along. I guess not." He sat on the bed next to her

"Is she having your baby too?"

"Are you hearing yourself right now?!"

"It's a simple question Messiah!"

"You're one to be insecure." Messiah scoffed

"I thought you said you forgave me?!" Mackenzie semi-yelled

"I'm not over it okay!" He yelled at her making her feel so small. She nodded with her head down. Messiah grabbed her hand making her look up at him. "It's not my baby. That is my friend and that's it." She just stared at him, so he kissed his and stormed out the room leaving her to think.

Mackenzie knew it was just her insecurities even though she was the one cheating. She sighed and put on her usual facade to face her family. She wanted to enjoy time with her family.

1 Week Later

"Mom, wassup with you? Baby bothering you?" Carter jumped in his parents' bed texting his cousin, Harmony. They had to be the closest besides his twin of course. He loved his cousin like his little sister and wished they didn't live so far apart.

"Naw baby. I'm just resting. Where's your dad?" She asked with her eyes still closed.

"At the gym downstairs with Vanessa." Carter said making Mackenzie's eyes pop open. She waited a few seconds and slipped on her house shoes to go downstairs.