Chapter One.

• Dedicated to Everyone who has given this story a chance. (:

I  was  never  one  to  linger  longer  than  necessary  when  it  came  to  relationships.  I  found  it  useless  to  have  one  person  stay  in  your  life  just  so  they  could  know  and  understand  you  better  than  yourself.  It  made  it  easier  for  them  to  use  you;  which  in  my  defense,  has  happened  every  single  time  I  allowed  someone  in  my  life  stay  longer  than  three  months.  Even  my  very  own  parents  have  deceived  me.  Given,  I  killed  my  father  and  broke  my  mother's  heart  doing  so.  But  who  would  I  have  been,  to  let  the  lifestyle  they  were  leading  to  continue?  Isn't  it  every  girl's  dream  to  wrap  her  arms  around  her  father's  neck  while  he  laughed  and  gave  her  kisses?  To  have  her  mother  play  dress  up  with  her  and  be  her  best  friend?  Well,  I  never  had  any  of  those  moments.  My  father  was  a  "business man"  only  on  the  weekends.  Which  in  code  actually  ment  he  was  in  a  couple  towns  over  with  his  attractive  "business  partners"  in  a  cheap  motel  room.  And  mother?  Well  she  was  known  for  being  secretive  when  it  came  to  her  drinking.  She  rarely  ever  left  the  house,  and  even  at  that,  her  own  room.  I  think  one  of  the  worst  moments  in  those  times  were  when  father  would  bring  home  his  "partners"  in  the  middle  of  the  night  and  keep  her  company  in  the  guest  room.  Mother  only  turned  her  head.  I  voiced  my  opinion  to  her  one  time.  Asking  her  why  she  didn't  do  anything  about  it.  Her  hand  made  it's  way  sharply  across  my  young  cheek  and  her  words  were  coated  in  venom.  "I  have  his  heart,  Aurora.  And  that  is  all  that  matters!"  I  never  spoke  of  it  after  that  day  and  she  barely  looked  at  me  again.

What  was  happening  to  the  pack  was  a  whole  different  story  though.  At  one  time,  our  pack  was  the  most  powerful  and  well  known  pack  in  all  of  the  world.  But  now,  we  were  further  down  the  list  than  any  other  time  before  in  history.  And  it  all  happened  in  a  matter  of  years.  My  father  was  never  one  for  the  job.  He  was  always  too  distracted  by  the  attention  and  power  his  role  as  alpha  gave  him.  Sure  other  members  challenged  him  for  the  position,  but  he  was  too  up  on  his  game  and  took  cheap  shots  to  win.  All  my  life  I  watched  him  in  those  fights,  studying  and  learning  all  of  his  moves.

I'm  sure  by  now,  you're  confused  as  to  what  I'm  talking  about.  You'll  have  to  forgive  me;  I  can  get  distracted  at  times.  I,  Aurora Brooks,  am  a  werewolf.  Yes,  like  the  mythical  creatures  in  story  books.  And  before  you  wonder,  I  don't  eat  humans  nor  do  I  only  shift  during  a  fullmoon.  I  don't  thrive  off  of  killing  or  kidnap  children  in  the  night.  I  stand  on  all  fours,  and  am  just  a  little  more  muscular  than  a  regular  she-wolf.  My  coat  is  a  silky  white  and  all  my  paws  are  tipped  with  a  hint  of  grey.  The  town  I  have  lived  in  my  entire  life  consists  of  werewolves  and  humans.  Very  few  humans  know  of  our  existence  and  even  then  they  are  closely  watched  over  for  fear  they  will  talk  of  the  pack's  secret  identity  to  the  rest  of  the  world.  I  am  quite  graceful  while  running  at  full  speed  unlike  the  others  who  snap  every  branch  within  ten  feet  of  them.  Though  the  most  important  fact  to  know  about  me  is  I  am  the  first  and  only  known  she-wolf  to  ever  become  alpha.

To  become  alpha,  I  had  to  challenge  and  kill  my  own  father.  I'm  not  heartless  just  so  you  know;  it  hurts  me  to  even  see  a  young  child  fall  down  while  taking  it's  first  steps  by  itself.  It's  just  when  a  man  who  has  never  given  you  the  chance  to  prove  yourself  worthy  of  becoming  a  powerful  pack  member,  you  learn  to  not  trust  him  and  it  just  fuels  your  fire  to  prove  him  wrong.  I  know  you're  curious  as  to  how  a  man  can  go  against  his  own  child,  wether  he  took  the  time  to  know  her  or  not.  You  see,  I  was  an  accident.  My  parents  knowingly  conceived  me,  but  Aurora  was  ment  to  actually  be  Arron.  Some  find  it  disgraceful  for  a  female  to  be  the  alpha's  next  heir.  And  so,  our  neighboring  pack's  son  was  to  become  alpha  of  both  the  pack's  once  my  father  stepped  down.  Oh,  you  can  only  imagine  how  infuriated  he  was  when  he  found  out  his  destiny  had  taken  a  wrong  turn.  I  grimaced  thinking  of  his  last  moments  here  on  earth.  I  had  built  myself  up  and  came  so  far;  I  wasn't  going  to  let  this  boy  ruin  all  of  that.  I'd  killed  my  father  over  this  role,  what  made  people  think  I'd  have  mercy  on  them  and  soften  my  game  up?  I  was  going  to  make  this  pack  royal  again.  My  ancestors  worked  too  hard  for  it  all  to  come  crumbling  down  after  one  horrid  alpha.  And  so,  let  the  games  begin.