Burying The Past

(Kris)

It was only Wednesday, why couldn't time fly faster? Anxiety and excitement rushed through my veins when I thought of Skylar and are plan for Saturday. Going to a gay bar. I had never stepped inside one, let alone see one - they probably have some weird names or something.

I sighed, pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans, waiting for Skylar and Tyler to pick me up. We're suppose to bury the dead guy's body ... I swallowed down some more emotions and dug my fingers into my bed's headboard. I grunted, letting go of it and letting the memories run away. I skipped down the stairs, locking my door taking one last look at my pictures hung up before shutting it. I sat on the concrete steps of my porch, waiting.

A silver Porsche pulled in recognizing it was Tyler's car, I began to walk over, climbing into the back seat. Skylar was up front with Tyler driving, Sky was reading a new edition of Game Former.  

As I told them the directions to where I hid the body, we took off in a matter of seconds.

~

"So ... he's in there?" Skylar poked the brown clump with a stick, looking disgusted.

I nodded miserably at him, and his frown deepened.

"So ... this Is mud, right?" Sky's eyebrow lifted, gazing at me.

I laughed nervously. "Yeah! -I think ..."

Tyler groaned. "Why? Out of all places - you bury him in shit."

I wish he didn't have to use that word.

"At least it's in the middle of a field ...?" Sky tried to cheer him up but it just resulted in a death glare sent his way from Tyler.

Ty face-palmed his self. "Just go get the shovels, no way I'm touching it with my hands ..."

I followed Skylar to the car, grabbing a shovel and the big bag we're gonna get the body in. Sky handed Tyler a shovel, with that, we began to dig.

The body was completely uncovered now, letting us see the face and everything on the man. He had black hair mixed with small gray one's, a goatee the same color of his hair, tan skin, and his right ear was pierced.

Everything scared me about this man, ever since he forced his lips on my neck in the alley. But killing someone was horrible, didn't that make me horrible now? 

I scrunched my nose at the smell as I watched Sky and Ty put the body in the black garbage bag with rubber gloves (the kind you'd see a doctor wearing) on their hands.

"Where are we putting him?" Skylar looked at Tyler holding the bag where the guy's feet must be while Tyler carried the upper side.

Tyler looked just as serious. "Far from the scene, maybe - I got it, the swamp."

"The swamp -" I was about to ask about what swamp when I remembered, the swamp I could've drowned in. I nodded silently picking up their shovels, following them to the car. The swamp it is then.

I sat up groggily. "Are we there yet?"

"No, we're staying at an Inn for the night, Kris. Takes a little long to get their and I don't feel like getting in a car crash because Tyler and I were too tired to focused on the road." Skylar chuckled pulling me out of the car.

I tried to smile but I couldn't. When did my happiness fall?

I pouted, being to tired and held my arm out, closing my eyes in patience. Strong arms lifted me in a cradle and I opened my eyes to tease Skylar when I gaped realizing Tyler held me. Well, isn't this just great? More like awkward, more awkward than than Micheal Jackson's skin color.