Swarm of Guilt

Tyler

It's been three days and all Kris does is watch Adventure Time.

I feel like I'm baby sitting. No, scratch that, I am his babysitting. I bathe, feed, dress, and hold him. I even help him use the bathroom! Some nights he even tries to snuggle with me like some touch starved kitten.

It was more difficult than football.

Okay, maybe not as painful, but definitely more challenging. Kris was like a new pet. Something stirred inside me when an image of Kris wearing a cute pair of cat ears flashed through my mind. What the hell.

My inner gay panic was cut short when I heard Kris downstairs.

I couldn't help but feel curious. Is talking to himself again? Or is he on the phone? Did his parents finally contact him? He didn't talk about them at all and acted uncomfortable every time I brought it up.

I shoved a shirt on and went downstairs.

"Aren't you a pretty thing?" I heard Connor's voice practically purr.

Oh Kris, why'd you let him in?

"Uh, thanks?" Kris's voice came out flustered.

They stood at the doorway, the pizza man and Kris paralleling the entrance. It was the blonde delivery guy that usually hit on me, even though I'm underage and not gay.

"Connor, back off." I stepped off the bottom stair. I hoped that was his name.

"It's Gunner, actually." Oops.

The older guy smirked and leaned closer to Kris as if he were daring me to do something. His eyes narrowed. Oh, he did not want to challenge me. He might be older, but I'm way more fit than his lanky daddy long legs.

Gunner whispered in Kris's ear and had him turn bright red. I gritted my teeth. Seriously? In my fucking house. Why the fuck isn't Kris moving away from him?

"I hope to see you again sometime." He tried to bite his lip seductively. "I work at Johnny's Pizza down the street. We could always have a date there y'know, that shit. Smoke some kush."

Kris just stood there. Goddamnit.

I shoved myself between the two and gave Gunner a look that had him flinch. "Get the hell out of my house. Next time I order pizza, it better not be you delivering it, I swear to God."

He scrambled away from me and practically ran to his car.

I slammed the door shut and turned around to Kris. "What the hell was that?"

"I was just getting pizza," He said.

"You were blushing like a little girl," I scoffed. "What? So desperate anyone will do?" What the fuck was wrong with me? Why am I so angry?

"Tyler..." He looked away.

"You seriously like him?" I wanted to punch something.

"No, I don't," He snapped. "But it's none of your business if I did!"

"Why are you mad at me?! You didn't say anything to him but apparently I'm just horrible, okay." I rolled my eyes.

"OMG. I'm mad because you're acting jealous and have no right to! You're not my boyfriend!" His eyes flashed.

Jealous? He thinks I'm jealous? Wow.

I laughed humorlessly. "Yeah. I'm so jealous of that gay loser." I grabbed my jacket off the coat rack and my keys as well. "I'm going out."