Late Night Swim

(Kris)

When I woke up, we were pulled over in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road. A pine forest surrounded us with trees that could touch the sky. A lake sat in the distance, the sun peeking out from the horizon.

Tyler's arm was wrapped around me while Skyler's head laid on my shoulder. I groaned and tried to shake Tyler awake. I cringed when he hugged me tighter.

"No," He whined.

This had to be every gay boys dream but come on— Do I look like a teddy bear to you?!

Half asleep, Tyler opened his eyes and kissed my forehead before he let me go, stretching his arms over his head. Skylar nuzzled my neck and I squeaked, yanking my head away. It didn't take him long to wake up after that.

Skylar tussled my hair before I was thrown over Tyler's shoulder.

"You butt! Put me down!" I pushed at his back and kicked my legs but he smacked my butt. "Tyler!" I wiggled. "I'm going to bite you! I'll do it!"

He laughed and I could just picture him rolling his eyes.

Oh, you don't think I will?

I closed my eyes and bit down on one of his cheeks— and not face cheeks either. I screamed when he let go, my face nearly hit the ground before someone pulled me back up. I smiled at Skylar and pecked his cheek.

"My hero!" I exclaimed.

Nine tents were set up with three people assigned to each one. I found my group's number and found our tent at the end. We shoved our covers and pillows inside before heading back to Mr. Teds.

"This field trip is mostly to build trust and how to work as a team, but mostly to have fun." Mr. Teds said. "But you will write a report on what you learned." He laughed when a few people groaned.

"You can go explore but meet back here when the whistle goes off." Nurse Nancy stuck a bit too close to Teds. He didn't seem to mind though.

The other chaperon, the guidance counselor, handed everyone a bag. "Here's some swimsuits. It's cold so I don't know why you'd want to, but knock yourself out." He crossed his arms when he was done. "But don't go in the pond, alright? It ain't safe."

Most of the class took of in the direction of the lake. Skylar grabbed my wrist and led us to the beach. Oh hell no, Shanaynay. Blushing, I looked away when they stripped off their clothes.

"Aren't you coming, Kris?" Skylar showed off his abs in his blue swim trunks. Tyler's were red.

I didn't want to swim with their friends. "Um, nah. I'll be at the docks."

Tyler shrugged. "Suit yourself."

I walked away after they headed into the water, sitting down on the wooden dock, Indian style. It was honesty a relief most of the class were swimming so I didn't have to deal with them. Finally alone, I pulled my tiny diary out and wrote another letter.

1/7/13
Dear Mom & Dad,

Today I'm on a field trip! I always wanted to go on a camping trip with you guys but I'm here for all of us now. I miss you guys so much. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm soRRY I'M SO SORRY I'M SO SORRY I'M

      I choked on a sob and scribbled out my letter, my vision blurring with tears as they kept falling. Taking a deep breath, I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and tried to calm down. I tried not to think about it, each time my mind slipped up, my lips wobbled and the lump in my throat grew heavier.