day thirteen

She is going to miss waking up in the morning to this place. The sidemen house now holds a deep place in her heart -- if she's fallen love with anything here it's this house.

She wakes first to Simon's arms around her. His head nuzzled into his pillow as he softly snores. Vanessa has never really found snoring adorable unless it came from a puppy, but this morning Simon is a giant innocent puppy. To her, he is adorable.

She slowly manoeuvre her way out of his grasp without waking him and turns to walk towards the door, "babe, where you going?" He mutters. She turns back to find Simon stretching his arms and rubbing his eyes.

"For a shower" She answers in a soft voice and chuckles.

"Can I join you?" He smirks.

"No" She furrows her eyebrows and playfully glares, "you're gross" She squirms.

He laughs and then falls back, turning to face away from her, "whatever, your loss" He mumbles and quickly drifts back into sleep.

Vanessa shakes her head at the boy before leaving to shower.

Her thoughts happen again, looking down to see red marks scattered in her arms.

Worthlesssssss....

The voice coos over and over in her head.

He's just going to leave you, he doesn't love you. Why would he love you?

She begins crying, sobbing silently as she scratches at her arms wanting for the marks to disappear.

Look at all those marks, who would love that?

"They fade, no one can see them" She mutters but continues to scratch, the squares not fading like they should.

What if he finds out? You know he'll find out. What's he going to think?

"HE WON'T!"

Oh but he will...

Simon shoots up to the sounds of shouting coming from the bathroom. He slips out of bed and heads over out to the door. He hears sobbing.

She looks at her arms covered in red squares that haven't faded and fresh new scratches.

Look what you've done to yourself discustin---

"Nes?" The voices are silenced. Her head shoots up to look to the door, "Are you okay?" He cautiously asks.

Vanessa turns off the water but can't help but stare at her arms. The red squares are gone, the ugly figment of her imagination fooling her, but still the scratches remain.

"Yes" Her voice trembles over the lie. For once she's struggles to do something she usually does so naturally.

"Nes..."

"I'll be out in five" She replies, grabbing her towel.

"Okay..." His voice continues to be wary, cautious and worried. She didn't sound convincing. If their relationship was on a level where they could see each other naked and not feel awkward he would have barged right in.

She dresses in an black long-sleeved shirt and some grey sweatpants. She takes a final glance at the scratches up her arms before pulling the fabric down and sighing.

He's going to find them.

"No one will see them" She mutters quietly trying to pull the sleeves down further. She slowly walks over and opens the door. Simon is still standing there, waiting. She forces a smile.