day two

Vee wakes up early, as per usual. She decides to unpack a few things. From her backpack she grabs out her laptop and a soundboard. In her spare time she plays around with music, making soothing remixes as she really despises dubstep.

She pulls out her few novels from her bag and places them on her bedside table. She is beginning to make this room feel a little more comforting and at home. She opens her Apple MacBook and decides to play a few tracks from Soundcloud quietly as she changes and organises herself for the day. She isn't sure if anyone is awake seeing it is seven in the morning and they all stayed up relatively late last night.

She slips herself into some high waisted denim jeans and a loose white button up. Josh told Vee that they were going out today, so might as well look decent.

She opens the door and wanders towards the bathroom that stands between her and another's room; she still isn't exactly sure yet as she went to bed before the four boys last night. Vee brushes her tangled brown hair and throws it up into a messy ponytail; messy hair is her forte.

She decides makeup can be put on after breakfast and in that case she runs down all the stairs and slides into the kitchen but jumps in fright from a figure being there already, "shit" she cusses quietly and holds her chest. She glances up to find a tired Simon chuckling lightly with a spoon full of cereal up and about to enter his mouth.

"Morning sunshine" He greets before shoving the cereal into his mouth.

"I didn't think anyone would be awake at this time in the morning" Vanessa mutters. She walks around towards the fridge.

"Oh, I haven't slept yet" He snickers as if it is a rebellious thing; like it was when they were twelve.

Vanessa scrunches up her face a bit as if to say 'and you're proud of that?' with furrowed eyebrows. She quickly shakes her head and opens the fridge.

She grabs out the milk and places it on the island bench. She begins awkwardly wandering being not exactly sure where anything else is. She is also way too stubborn to ask.

"The bowls are in the top cupboard to your left, the cereal is in the pantry near the top and the spoons are by the draw in front of you" Simon tells her.

Vanessa glances over to find him smirking whist chewing down on his cereal. She sighs quietly and goes to the allocated spots, collecting the things she needs. Instead of grabbing a singular box of cereal though she grabs two; cornflakes and coco pops.

Simon watches as she fills her bowl with the two cereals together and puts little milk in afterwards. She likes the in between; wet but still with a crunch. Vanessa isn't one for soggy cereal.

"You're weird" He comments causing Vanessa's gaze to revert from her bowl to him. She frowns slightly and moves to the fridge to put the milk back inside it. "I don't mean it in a bad way, you're just really interesting with this..." He struggles to put it to words whist Vanessa watches him closely, waiting for an answer, "this lack of commitment to one thing" He finishes.

"I like hybridity" She mutters taking a seat on a stool. Simon just watched her as she scoops up her cereal and takes a bite. It's a strange mix match, something Simon hasn't seen before.

"Hybridity" Simon repeats quietly.

Vanessa eats fast, something Simon simply observes for about two minutes. It doesn't take her long to finish a full bowl of her hybrid cereal. She politely takes her bowl and his to the sink, she rinses then without a word being said.