Chapter 10: Lessons in Anger

The next day, Sarina is back in Donatello's lab. She has a notepad before her on the table, her neat, simple printing adorning the page as she scrawls out the emotions that she has already learned.

 She has a notepad before her on the table, her neat, simple printing adorning the page as she scrawls out the emotions that she has already learned

Sarina puckers her lips, tapping her pen on the paper as she counts. Her eyes widen and she turns her chair abruptly towards Donatello, who reads a novel in silence with a coffee mug lingering near his awaiting hand.

"Donatello, I have discovered something," Sarina says.

"Do tell," he states with hardly a glance.

"I have learned more than double the positive emotions than negative," she says, lifting the notebook and jabbing her finger at the list. "I need to be a well-rounded individual, so I must balance out all types of feelings."

He looks up from his book, reaching for his mug and bringing it to his lips. "How are you going to do that?"

She smiles, the gesture far more natural than ever before. "I'm going to spend time with Raphael."

He nearly chokes on his coffee, gasping and squeaking as the hot liquid scalds his throat and tongue. Sarina's eyes widen and she moves to him as he sets the mug down hastily, fanning at the tears in his eyes as he coughs, tongue sticking out in an attempt to cool it.

"Are you alright?" she inquires.

"You are volunteering to hang out with Raph?" he repeats, ignoring her question. "Raph doesn't just...do that."

"That cannot be true."

"He only hung out with Destiny for the first time when Splinter forced him to."

Sarina blinks. "Fair, but it's still worth a shot. I need to learn anger." She shrugs. "I will see you later."

She turns and strides out of the lab, leaving Donatello to his own devices. Outside, Sarina can see the silhouettes of two people training, but judging by the fact that one shadow belongs to Destiny, Sarina ventures a guess that the other mutant is Leonardo. Michelangelo is playing video games next to a cat made of ice cream, something that serves to catch Sarina off-guard. Despite that, she decides not to question the feline's presence.

"Michelangelo?" she asks. "I hate to interrupt, but have you seen Raphael?"

"Nope! Sorry, dudette," he says, fingers flying along the controller buttons. "Try his room or something."

"I shall. Thank you."

On her way to the bedroom hallway, she realizes that she has no clue which bedroom belongs to Raphael. She resorts to going to each door and peeking inside, hoping that the decor in each bedroom will tell her about the turtle it belongs to.

Bedroom number one is incredibly neat. The bed is made and there are multiple ninja movie posters on the walls. Space Heroes figurines line the scant shelves. Leonardo, Sarina guesses.