Chapter 10 - We Can't Let Them Win

A/N: It's so hard for me to write about Squidlox...it's just...Ty! My babyyyyy!

Don't hurt me if this is another short chapter D:

And starting with this chapter, there will be some deaths and stuff like that...no major ones though...yet

- - -

Chapter 10:

>Butter Castle, one month later

Much time has passed since the squids' first major attack on the Sky Army, but nothing much has changed, except for the fact they were all twisted in war now. But everything else was somewhat the same. Rosie was still bothering Eddie in his fandom, Squidlox and his army were still serving the Squid King, the chickens were still plotting with the squids, Dawn was still a prisoner, and Adam still had most of his allies.

The war began without many deaths and losses, but sadly most of those were on the Sky Army's side. The squids had truly upped their game, and they did it well. Any prisoners for the squids were either brainwashed or turned into squids, though Dawn remained human. Some were just plain tortured, and eventually killed. And what could Adam and everyone else do? Watch. They could only watch in terror as their fandoms and everything they lived for fell apart.

Adam stood in a secret room with several other fandom leaders, trying to sort everything out. This was just unreal. Every second they came closer and closer to being defeated, but they were going to turn that around.

He took a deep breath after hours of no solutions, closing his eyes and opening them again to look at the also stressed faces of Jason, Dakota, Quentin, and a few others. "I seriously just don't know what to do anymore."

"Do you think we could maybe get Rosie to help? And the Ninjazoids?" Dakota said after a couple minutes of silence. He'd been thinking about this for a while, but didn't say anything knowing how much Adam and Rosie hated each other's guts.

But Adam actually thought for a moment. They were really desperate. Maybe she could help. "I don't know. She declined the first time I asked for her help. And she doesn't even know where her fandom is. Probably imprisoned by chickens."

"We could still ask," said Quentin. "The worst that could happen is she would say no."

"I guess. . ." Adam said. He really didn't want to resort to going to Rosie for help. "Alright."

***

Later that day Adam made his way over to Eddie's fandom where he knew Rosie was. As he entered, he noticed that very few people were there. The majority were out to battle. He went up to a Homie and asked, "Do you know where Ninja is?"

"I think I just saw her on the castle roof," said the Homie, pointing to the castle.

Adam thanked him and sprinted into the castle. On the roof, Rosie was just sitting on the ledge, watching the battle that was happening about two miles away. "Come to push me off this roof, Adam? Do it, I don't care."

"What? No," Adam said, surprised not to hear any trace of taunting, sarcasm, or annoyance in her voice. She was being serious. "Why would I do that?"

"Why wouldn't you?" she said, her back still facing him. "Besides, it's not like I'm worth anything. The Ninjazoids are probably all dead. I freaking annoy the shit outta everyone. People hate me, including you. And my best friend and his fandom are squids. Like you always say, I'm just an annoying little sixteen-year-old who can't be mature. I'm sorry I didn't start helping you with the whole thing sooner."

"You can start helping me now," Adam said, taking a deep breath. "Maybe we can beat the squids and somehow save Ty and the Dead Army. Maybe we can defeat the Chicken King, and you can get your revenge. Maybe your fandom is still alive. I mean, c'mon, they're your fandom. They're a bunch of ninjas. Maybe they escaped."

"Or maybe none of that is true." She inched closer to the edge. She wasn't making this easy.

Adam sighed. "Whatever. Don't come to help us. Give up, then. Sit here and just watch people get killed while the people you care about could be saved. Step off the ledge of this castle and be done with it all. All I know is I'm gonna keep going. We can't let them win."

- - -

A/N: Omg I just wrote a serious chapter. A really short serious chapter. But the good news is, that means there will most likely be another update tonight if I don't fall asleep. Who knows, maybe I'll write even two more chapters tonight.

I have the hiccups. Great...