Chapter 12 - Escape

A/N: I'm starting to get a little busy, but I promise when school is over in less than a month, there will be wayyyy more updating and stuff.

And wow...I get distracted way too easily. I was gonna start writing this at 9:00 AM (it's 9:53 now) so I went on youtube for some music while I write, but instead I watch a million videos of adorable squirrels, baby goats, and elephants.

- - -

Chapter 12:

>In the Squid Dimension, the next morning

Rosie snuck around the Squid King's dungeon. She had thought about what Adam had said to her, and still hadn't made a decision on whether or not she would help him, but technically, she was already helping him by entering the Squid Dimension with a plan to release all the prisoners.

So, Rosie navigated through the huge dungeon in search for the prisoners. So far, all she'd seen were cells filled with dead bodies and newly transformed squids. She wished she could've been there sooner to help those people who had already been changed, and she hoped she wasn't too late for everyone else.

She hid around a corner when two flying squids came by holding someone from the Frog Squad. Rosie had seen the room where people got brainwashed or turned into squids, so she guessed he was either being taken to a cell or going to be tortured.

As she came out from her hiding place, he saw her. She put a finger to her lips, and he nodded. She cautiously followed them deeper into the dungeon, where they eventually came to a section with a bunch of cells filled with prisoners. Rosie hid as the squids left, taking the keys of one of them as it passed her. Once she knew they were gone and no one else was coming, she went to the nearest cell and unlocked it.

"I'm going to let you guys out, but you have to be quiet," Rosie said to everyone. "Don't leave yet. We're all leaving together, so wait until I say so to leave the cell. . ." She scanned the room for any possible quick ways out instead of going all the way back to the main entrance. Down one hallway was a big door marked "EXIT" in bold letters. How convenient. The squids had gotten smart enough to be able to take down full armies, but not enough to block any exits for possible escapes.

In no time all the cells were unlocked. Rosie checked again to see if any squids were coming, and then led everyone down the hall. She tried to open the iron door, but it was locked, of course. "Fuck..." she whispered, looking around for a key or something. She could just kick the door down, but that would make too loud of a sound. Fuck it, she was gonna do it. "Stand back guys." Everyone took a step back, and she took a deep breath before kicking the door down. It hit the floor with a huge thump that echoed throughout the dungeon.

Immediately, they heard shouts and running footsteps from squids. Rosie rushed everyone into the tunnel the door led to. But she didn't have time to get in herself. The squids were right behind her. "Get outta here!" she said to the people she had let out. As they ran away, the squids reached Rosie.

"Thought you could get away, did you?" one of the squid men said, grabbing her wrists.

"No, not really," she said as they brought her down the hall. They went upstairs instead of bringing her to a cell. But what she didn't expect them to do was bring her out of the dungeon and to the Squid King himself. She just thought they would brainwash her or something.

"Hello, Ninja," he said, sitting up on his throne. "Nice to finally meet you in person."

"What do you want?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Well, I wanted to figure out what I should do with you. And I don't trust leaving you in a cell alone," said the king. He thought for a moment. "I'll keep you alive. The Chicken King wants you as a prisoner when we win the war. But for now. . ." He said something to a squid man next to him. The squid man nodded, and took Rosie away.

---

Adam and some others sat in that secret meeting room again. Adam repeatedly banged his head on the wall as the others just stared at him in silence. After a while, he stopped and finally sat at the table with the others. "How many have we lost so far?" he asked no one in particular. "Two thirds of the Recruits, half of the Frog Squad, not many of the Stars, Ty and his entire army, all gone. Some other armies are doing fine, some are shrinking. The squids and chickens and cows are winning."

"You're not gonna surrender, are you?" Dakota asked.

"Are you kidding? Of course not! I just don't know what we should do right now," Adam said, sighing. "Let's just go with whatever happens for now. When we think of a plan, we'll use it."

They all agreed on that, and left the room. Adam left his castle and walked around his fandom, which was half-destroyed at this point. Most of the Recruits that were left were out at battle, so only a couple were at the fandom. After a short walk around to clear his head, he went back into the castle and sat on his throne, just to think of what he should do.

After a few hours, Adam saw someone running towards his fandom. Then there were two people, and more behind them. It couldn't be. . .

The huge group of Recruits he'd seen get taken prisoner by squids were still alive! They hadn't been turned into squids, and they escaped! But, how?

"Sky!" one of the Recruits said, running up to Sky with the rest behind her.

"What happened?! How'd you all escape?!" Adam asked, just happy to see most of his Sky Army again.

"MinecraftNINJAAA got us out," the Recruit said.

Adam was surprised to hear that Rosie actually decided to help him. But if that was so, where was she? She would've come back to his fandom to get a thank you from him or to taunt him about being able to help everyone escape without the squids catching her. Unless. . .unless she did get caught. "Where is she?"

The Recruits went silent, as some stared at the floor. The Recruit Adam was talking to looked up at him and said, "We were able to escape, but she wasn't. The squids got her, and we don't know what they did or are going to do to."

- - -

A/N: Idk...this looks like a pretty long chapter on my phone...

Oh and guess what time it is? 2:16 PM. Yeah, it took me more than 4 hours to write this. Not really, though, it just took me 4 hours to stop getting distracted and actually write. Maybe I'll write some Gamer's Fantasy chapters tonight. Maybe. If I don't end up getting distracted by cute animal videos or playing Minecraft or watching Sly's 200th Minecraft Daily episode over and over...