My Accidental NFL Boyfriend

I lightly slapped my cheeks, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I noticed the bags, the tired, annoyed expression staring back at me and my baggy sweatshirt and pants. All the previous makeup was swirling in a black mess in the sink, spinning around and around like my head. The loud voices downstairs pounded against my brain, battering my self confidence to walk down those stairs.

            Those stairs.

            The stairs that kept me from having the only thing I could never obtain.     

            I didn’t want to see all the sluts surrounding him, wanting his attention. It was annoying. Trashy. Something that shouldn’t happen to that devil of a man.

            I lightly apply my foundation and heavy eye makeup. If I was going to wear a sweatshirt, at least have my face look decent. That’s what Kelsey always told me.

            I wonder what Kelsey or Vivian would do in this situation. I remember I was supposed to go to the mall tonight with Kelsey…She’s going to brutally rip my hair out now. Or should I go? Sneak out and steal one of his many cars instead of apologizing?

            SNAP OUT OF IT JAY! THINK LOGICALLY!

            Who was I kidding? I was going to steal the car. I always wanted to go on a joyride.

            I open my door, looking both ways down the hallway. It was completely empty except for the loud voices and glasses clinking together the floor below. I lightly pad down the stairs, realizing everyone must have been in the kitchen. There had to be his whole team in there, plus all the girls! I walk out the back door into the garage without even a passing glance. When I flip on the lightswitch, my jaw drops to the floor. It was an 8 car garage and 6 luxury cars sat staring back at me!

            This just made me angrier. Very, very angry. So angry, in fact, that I wanted to key every car in this room—except I couldn’t pay for the damage even for one with chipped paint. While I was struggling, he was buying all these outrageous cars! While I got mine reprocessed, he purchased 2 more! ONE CAR WAS WORTH MY SALARY FOR A YEAR!

            I look on the side to see a bulletin board with 6 keys hanging neatly, staring at me temptingly. I grab one and unsure which one it opened, I clicked it until I saw a pure white audi lights blink.

            Revenge is sweet.

            I click open the garage and open the car door. Before I pull out into the world of drag racing, I give the car a long, loud beep so Caleb can hear. I pull out, still beeping as loudly as I can. The front door opens and Caleb comes rushing out, and I roll down the windows, still driving. He comes sprinting at me,

            “JAYLA GET OUT OF MY CAR!” But before he reaches me, I step on the gas and pull into the road.

            “JAYLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

            I couldn’t contain my laughter. The gas was like butter, the breaks stopped like a dime, the radio was the clearest and loudest I have ever heard. The typical guy car. The best car to crash...

            I slow down on the road, unsure of where to go. I was just outside of New York; somewhere close to the city perhaps? Right or left though…Ok, right.

            Then I hear it. The rev of an engine.

            I yelp and step on the gas, going with my gut feeling.

            Then I see it; the small headlights coming at me as fast as the car could.

            NO! I’M NOT EXPERIENCED IN HIGH SPEED CAR CHASES!

            My mph nears 120 as I speed through the corner. Then the car rings.

            Wait…Why is the car ringing?

            “Hello, 393-555-555 is calling you; please tap yes to answer.”

            I look at the radio and tap the “yes”.

            “JAYLA WILLIAMS, IF YOU DON’T PULL THE FUCK OVER I WILL BEAT YOU AND SELL YOU OFF INTO PROSTITITUION!”  

            “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! KISS MY ASS CAUSE I’M FINALLLY FAMOUSSSS!”

            “You are not Nicki Minaj. You do not have her donk; nor her boobs. Now pull over my little white girl.”

            “Shut up Caleb I hate you.” Then I see two cars coming at full speed at me.

            “WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLL CALEB HELP!”

            “you think I was the only one who wanted a nice chase? My friends wanted to join.”

            “OH MY GOD!”

            “Now pull over baby.”

            “Over my dead body!”

            “We can arrange that…”

            “CALEB THIS ISN’T FUNNY! I’M GOING TO DIE AH OMG ISTAR OR WHATEVER THE 911 THING FOR EXPENSIVE CARS! SOS!”

            “How is a 20 year old so stupid?”

            “Leave me alone Caleb…I’m a child at heart.”

            “Pull over then.”

            I spin the wheel and step on the break, doing a nice donut and squeaking the tires before coming to a rest by the side of the road. The three cars stop a few feet away from me.

            “I’d suggest you start running now, babe.”

            I see 6 huge football players exit their cars. Oh my god are they going to gang bang me then leave me on the side of the road?
            I scramble out of the car and hear them,

            “1, 2, 3 HUT! GET THE GIRL!”

            I scream as they start sprinting toward me, and I jump over the guard rail only to realize that it wasn’t a 2 feet fall. It was at least 15.

            I roll onto the ground, the wind knocked out of me.

            “Your girlfriend is stupid,” I hear a voice say, “but at least she’s fun.”

            “Let’s get her before she gets lost in the woods,” Caleb says.

            “NOOOOOO!” I yell. “STAY AWAY GANG BANGERS!”
            “WE AREN’T A GANG!” they yell from above, and I see them jump in after me, landing a lot more gracefully than I had. I squeal as Caleb grabs me and throws me over his shoulder.

            “I have to bring this garbage back.”

            “This was a waste of an escape,  I wanted to go to the mallllllll!”

            “Why didn’t you tell me? We’ll go with you!”

            Oh man. 6 football players + me + the mall?

            I’m terrified. I’ll get attacked…

50 VOTES ON ONE CHAPTER? i'M CRYING! IF I GET UNDER 100 ON ROMANCE, I'LL HAVE THE ROMANCE AMP UP...

actually, this chapter i had not planned at all. I do this a lot; the ideas come to me as I'm writing. 

VOTE COMMENT AND FAN FOR CALEB TO TAKE YOU TO THE MALL IN HIS SUV!