My Accidental NFL Boyfriend; Chapter 5

He stops the car in front of my rundown apartment complex, the expensive sports SUV looking so out of place amongst the cheap civics and entry level luxury cars. I fight the urge to blush, realizing his salary a year is as much as I’ll make my whole life.

            “You know, Jay…”

            “Don’t start,” I say, still a little tipsy. If I was sober, I would have been thinking a lot more of Caleb’s temper instead of throwing gas in the fire intentionally. He frowns at me.

            “Jay, just tell me one thing.”

            “What?”

            “Will you call me tomorrow?” His number was, I must admit, still set in my phone from our high school days. From the days that I had to pick him up for practice or vice versa.

            “Why?”

            “Please, just call me tomorrow. We need to catch up…When you aren’t throwing up all over me,” he chuckles a little, trying to lighten my mood.

            “I’ll think about it. Thank you for taking me home, however. My house is probably not worthy enough to invite you in though,” I open the door and continue, “Because we’re from two different worlds now.”  I slam the door as hard as I could, stumbling from the force. My feet were bare and bleeding as I walked to the building, Caleb shooting my one last look before pulling out of the lot.

            So much for best friends for life, Mom. Would you be disappointed that we didn’t end up as happy as you were? Are you mad that I wasted my life trying to get an art degree still? I wonder if I’m still welcome back home.

            Probably not.

            I unlock the door to my room, collapsing on the floor before I even made it to my bed. I was tired, hurt, and my feet were skinned bare and bleeding.

            I just wanted to forget today; I wanted to forget seeing Caleb, invoking all the painful feelings that he always seemed to give me. I was disappointed in myself, also. I was disappointed I wasn’t on the same level as my enemy, that as I struggled to pay rent, he struggled to juggle all the trashy whores on him. It felt like a slap in the face.

            As I lay on the floor, I started thinking of the whole “girlfriend” thing. Is he really going to take it to heart that I couldn’t beat him in shots? Am I going to have to fend for my life among all the jealous, blood-lusting bimbos? If that was so, I guess I should probably learn tae kwon do. I always wanted to learn it, anyway. I just never got the motivation or the money to do it. If I learned it, I’d try out my first kick on Caleb’s perfect face.

            My boob started vibrating, breaking me out of my thought. Who was trying to call me at this hour?!

            “Hello,” I say angrily, pulling out my phone from my bra.

            “JAYLA ARE YOU SAFE?!” Kelsey squeals.

            “Yes, I mea—”

            “ARE YOU PREGNANT YET?!”

            “What?!”

            “OH MY GOD, HOW WAS HE?”

            “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KELSEY?”

            “He was totally I-N to Y-O-U. I saw it in his eyes, that overprotective nature of his only toward you…”

            “Stop spewing nonsense, you’re drunk. Come over tomorrow and we can go to breakfast and talk about it,” I say, ending the conversation.

            “All right, but all the shots in the world wouldn’t make him not like you…”

            “Bye Kelsey.”

            I throw my phone down angrily. What was she talking about? Caleb was my nightmare. I hated him, I despised him, and I’ve always wanted to beat the shit out of him. I do admit though he’s gotten way more attractive lately…

            STOP IT JAYLA! He’s ugly, ugly, gross.

            But his arms were so warm…

            I guess I was going to call him tomorrow after all. But…Just to hear what he has to so urgently tell me…Maybe I was still drunk.

OHHHHHHHH, MY LITTLE CALEB IS GETTING IN JAYLA’S MIND! IS HER ANGER TOWARD HIM GOING TO LAST? (OK SHE’S PRETTY ANGRY I MUST ADMIT) or is she getting soft?

            COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN FOR CALEB TO GIVE YOU A BEAR HUG~!