My Accidental NFL Boyfriend Part 28

Maybe I’ve always loved Caleb. Ever after high school, I constantly thought of him, praying his liver was all right due to his excessive drinking. One time I even attempted to watch football just to bash his tight outfit.

Childhood loves do this to you, I guess. I really was like Allie—however Caleb was sure as hell not that romantic. If he wrote me letters, they would probably be football plays. Or maybe he would just hand me a Victoria Secret magazine to change my underwear style. Probably the latter.

My heart was pounding as I peered at Caleb, only to find him fast asleep. My head was full of maybes, because I wondered if my heart would be the same without him.

I pull his heavy arm from my stomach, rolling painfully to the floor. What if I married Caleb? What if Caleb dumped me? Could I fight with him like this forever?

I heard a soft snore pass between his nose.

Would my ambitions fit with his?

I pull his phone from the charger, using his finger to unlock it. Snooping was my specialty, and I could feign the “I didn’t know this wasn’t my phone” (memory loss perks).  He would not even think of the fingerprint scanner, he was kind of stupid. All my memories were rushing back to me at the most random times, and I feel like it was a blessing to forget my woes for awhile.

 I opened his inbox, scrolling through the messages until one caught my eye. It was a message from Carly, my demonic Mother.

“Is Jayla all right?”  My breath intakes sharply, disbelieving of her concern. However, I grace her text with a short, curt response: “Yes, she is”, from my lovely, forgiving self.

I pull Caleb’s toe and he jerks awake, looking around wildly until he finds me situated on the floor. I

“What the hell?”

“Yo, who’s Brooke?” I push his phone in his face, showing him a text that said, “Caleb, you missed your appointment today.”

“What?”

“Brooke. Like the water-thing but with an e, possibly a female, most likely blonde…”

“That’s my 60 year old doctor,” he responds sleepily, “are you jealous? She is blonde.”

“Should I dye my hair blonde? Maybe pull a Miley Cyrus and chop it off too?”

“Why aren’t you asleep?”

“I was thinking of ‘us’. The big two letters. U and S, the MOTHER country.”

“What is there to think about? I feel like it’s set in stone.”
“You’re a rock. And not a diamond, a stupid rock you find and kick off the sidewalk. I’m the diamond. Can a diamond go with a rock?”

“They’re both rocks, aren’t they?”

“That’s true, Caleb.” I think for a second, “I mean, diamonds were once coal. And coal is just on the same level as a rock, except you can burn it. That’s probably cause I’m flamin’ hot.”

“Please go to bed.”

“I need to know your feelings before I go to bed, Caleb. This is important. It’s more important than this geological lesson right now.”
“My feelings haven’t changed since childhood, Jayla. I just show my feelings differently now, since I’ve matured.”

I huff, “You never matured.”

“Says the one who stole a car like a rebelling privileged teen.”

“That’s true.”

“Did you just agree with me?”

“Almost losing my life “matured me”.”

“You’re such a brat. Why do I even like you so much?”
“Our roles are reversed. I’m the abusive one in the relationship, and you can’t get enough of it.”

“This isn’t fifty shades.”
“Would you handcuff me while confessing your love for me?”

“Probably not, but I would handcuff you. Especially after stealing and wrecking my car.”
“Just say it, Caleb.”

“I love you, Jayla.”
“And what are you going to do about it?”

He contemplates for a minute. Possibly taking in my breathtaking figure and face (just kidding).  He smirks, grabbing me and pulling me up from the floor back onto the bed.

“Jayla.”
“Caleb.”

“Do you like Tiffany?”

“Only if it’s like Kim Kardashian’s.”

“We can make that happen.”
I laughed, snuggling closer to him. He throws the phone to the other side of the room, and everything was shut out, for that moment, except him and I.

Maybe I shouldn’t have waited this long to confess my feelings.

 *

Greetings after two years…My life has changed so much. I’m so sorry for leaving you with such a cliffhanger—I might write another chapter about Caleb and Jayla “in the future”, or Jayla reuniting with all the past that she struggled so hard to avoid. It was so weird to write in this style again, and I realized how much I missed it. I have been writing to many essays lately.

THANK YOU for all the faith you all had kept in me. I literally cried reading all of your heartfelt inboxes, which you had taken time out of your days to ask if I was okay/alive still.  I CANNOT believe I hit two million views, I called my parents and told them I was famous (jokingly).

I love you guys!

I may venture back into writing stories again! It was really enjoyable to be back on wattpad, which has changed so much.  I remember when 72 million views didn’t exist cause there wasn’t that many people on wattpad! Wow. Congrats to Wattpad for such a great fanbase, it’s amazing.