My Accidental NFL Boyfriend; Chapter 6

One fun filled night equaled to another night of horror-filled, pain in the ass headaches and fevers. How I got the fever, I wasn’t really sure, but I didn’t really want to think about it. I had fallen asleep face down on my floor, leaving my whole body sore and tender, and my head throbbed like a knife trying to break through a blood vessel. This is the number one reason I didn’t drink. A bad taste in my mouth, a headache like no tomorrow, and irritability was not something I liked. I had already taken 2 advils.

            Kelsey stared at me across the table. I was eating toast, trying to block out her high-pitched voice.

            “Dammit, Jayla,” she growls, “you ruined my night!”

            I press my head against my table, the coolness soothing my fever.

            “I’m sorry, but it was your idea…”

            “I KNOW, I KNOW. But…I didn’t think you’d get that bad! I’m surprised Caleb dealt with you so carefully, I would’ve thrown your ass in the trunk.”
            “I need to go sleep,” I moaned, “I feel so crappy. And I know, I’m a wreck. Woop de do.”

            “Okay, sleep well because remember we’re going shopping tomorrow. So you better be fine by then!”

            “Okay, bye Kels.”

            “Bye Jay, feel better.”

            She left a cup of chicken noodle soup for me to eat as she left out of the door. All I needed was sleep. I walk toward my bedroom, but before I make it my knees buckle and I hit the floor.

            I lay there, not having enough strength to get up. Life alert where you at girl? I’ve fallen and I can’t get up. I must have been laying there for hours, dozing on and off. Next thing I hear was pounding on my door, furious and rapid. This is why I don’t drink. I’m already a lazy bum, so I’ll just lay here forever.

            The pounding become louder. What the hell do they want?

            I don’t answer, and the next thing I know it’s kicked open, a very angry football player entering my apartment.

            “JAYLA WHERE ARE YOU?” He looks down at me laying there, and stops in his tracks.

            “Jayla…?”

            Act dead, maybe he’ll leave. I look pathetic; I don’t want him to see me anyway.

            He runs over, grabbing my arm and checking for a pulse, repeating “Oh God” thousands of times.

            “Stoooooooooooooooooooooop,” I groan.

            “Jayla,” he picks me up from the ground and hugs me, “I thought you died for a second.”

            “Noo, but that hurts.” He was crushing me in a bear hug.

            “Did you eat anything today? Why are you on the floor?”

            “Toast.”

            He carries me bridal style to my kitchen, throwing me like a ragdoll in my chair.

            “God dammit Jay, no wonder you couldn’t move. Sit there like a good girl.”

            He goes in my kitchen and I hear a lot of racket, and then the smell of sizzling food. My stomach growls, like it had been eating itself the whole time.

            A pile of 10 pancakes greet me.

            “I didn’t know how to make anything else,” he admits, “but you eat every single one. Now.” He slams a glass of water on the table also.

            “What are you, my mother?”

            “If that’s what is going to make you eat, then yes.”

            Okay, I was hungry. Really, really hungry. So I pick my fork up and eat the buttery goodness, moaning in content.

            He smiles at me, “Yeah, I’m great right?”

            “Nah, you hella weird.”

            “Oh really, babe?”

            “Who are you calling “babe” I ain’t no pig from the storybooks.”

            “Clever.”

            “Hellllllllls yeah I’m clever.” I eat four pancakes before my stomach feels like it’s about to burst. I drink the water, finally clearing my throat from the dryness and pain.

            “By the way,” he calls as he washes my dishes. You wash my dishes, hoe.  “You’ll be living with me now.”

            “Um, are you mentally insane? No I won’t be.”

            “You lost the bet,” he chuckles, “And we pinky promised while you were drunk. So…”

            “Promises are for babies, and I’m not a baby so you’re out of luck.”

            “Well…It’s awkward cause I just sold your apartment…”

            “You’re lying.” My voice becomes deathly quiet.

            “When a NFL player calls and knows all your info, and says you’re his girlfriend and you’ll be living with him, it’s magic how much realtors kiss your ass.”

            “You’re still lying,” I scream, getting angry. I forgot about all the pain in my head, “I WILL NOT LET YOU RUIN MY LIFE AGAIN!” I throw my glass at the wall, listening to it shatter.

            “I know you’ve missed 3 payments on your rent already and just got your car repossessed. You can’t argue with me, Jayla. All you have to do is fake be my girlfriend and I’ll take care of everything. I’ll even have a museum showcase your art.”

            “Get away from me,” I cry as he approaches me.

            “Jayla, you can’t leave me. I won’t let you disappear again from my life.”

            “You’re insane. You’re a damn demon. Get away from me!”

            “Jayla, you’re going bankrupt. You can’t live without me.”

            I walk toward him, staring at him dead in the eye. My hand connects to his cheek, and he doesn’t fight back.

            “Pack your stuff, we’re leaving.”

            He exits out of the door, the only place that I had earned on my own, and now, again, he ruined my life.

            What a great friend.

 OH CALEB, CALEB, CALEB. How could you do this?

comment, vote, and fan for Caleb to cook you pancakes!