Before The Wedding

After dinner Jamie disappears into his study. We eat in silence and he watches me cautiously when he tells me he has to go do some work. I nod, happy to have the kitchen to myself. Joan disappeared a few minutes ago and honestly nothing sounds better than taking a hot shower and drinking an entire bottle of wine. I hop off my stool and head over to the wine rack, grabbing the first bottle I see and skipping off to Jamie's bedroom. 

      I let my hair air dry, it feels nice and cool along my neck as I wiggle into fresh pair of white under garments and slip into one of Jamie's button up shirts. It's only eight but I am already so tired. I crawl on top of the bed, sitting against the pillows and taking a long swig from my bottle of wine. I'm just opening my Facebook app when my phone buzzes, Tisha's picture popping up. "Hey sister." I smile as I answer, taking another sip of wine. "Hey you, how are you feeling?" "Much better. Happy it's Friday...tired. How are you?" "I'm fine...okay." she sounds distant, but I think it's just tiredness. "Long week?" I ask. "Something like that." "So, what's up?" "I was calling to tell you Mom and Dad will be here Monday morning around eleven." "Great." "Have you heard from them at all?" "Nope, not a word. I expected mom to call after you told her everything... but she hasn't." "I wonder what that means?" "Who cares Tish. Thanksgiving is going to be miserable no matter what." "Are we still planning to spend it with the Dornan's?" "Yeah. I mean I think so. I don't see why not. I'm sure they are still expecting all of us there. So that'll be somewhat of a buffer." "Yeah..." the line is silent. "Everything okay Tish?" I frown, Nate's comment about her sounding off earlier ringing into my head. "Oh yeah. Fine. Uhm, do you think you'll come see mom and dad Monday?" "Do you want me to?" "I mean I'm off work from Tuesday until next Monday. I hope you'll be around for most of that time too." "I'm not making any promises but I'll do my best." "Jess." Tisha scolds and I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Just let me know okay?" "Okay, I will. Love you." "Love you too. Bye." we hang up and I sigh, taking another long swig from the bottle. 

     I don't remember falling asleep but I wake feeling like I can't breath. I am hot and something heavy is across my chest. My eyes flutter open and the room is bright. My head is a little fuzzy. Maybe finishing that bottle of wine on my own wasn't the best idea. I squint into the bright room, trying to adjust so I can see what's on top of me. I can feel him breathing against me, his chest is pressing into mine and his head is next to my ear. He's wrapped around me, holding me tight. It's sweet, it is. But it's uncomfortable. "Jamie." I whisper, doing my best to move but he pretty much has me pinned. He stirs, groaning but he slowly sits up. "You're addicting, even in my sleep Jessica." he says groggily, his bright blue eyes finding mine. He smiles softly and my heart skips a beat. He is too perfect. "I'm not complaining...not entirely." I giggle and he smiles wider. "You're perfect. Good morning." he says and kisses my lips. I kiss him back, soft and sweet. "I like waking up next to you." he says, rolling off of me. He lays back on his own pillows. He looks like an angel in this bright light. I roll onto my side to stare at him better. "What?" he chuckles, turning his head to look at me. I shake my head, biting my lip. Suddenly he's grabbing me and swiftly pulling me on top of him so I'm straddling his hips. I giggle, sighing loudly. "What is it baby? I hate when you sigh like that." he says, his eyes darkening as he strokes his fingers along my cheek. "Your mood swings are giving me whiplash." I admit, holding my breath a little as I'm unsure of what his reaction will be. He furrows his brow a little as I get a glance of the clock. "I can think of something we can do that will show you what whip lash really is." he says and quickly rolls us over so he's on top of me now, pinning my arms down. "Jamie." I giggle as he nuzzles my neck, it tickles. "It's already eleven." I say, wiggling under him. He feels divine but the wedding. "What? Jamie what?" he pants, trailing kisses down my neck to my collarbone. "The wedding...I have to be there at one..." I pant, slowly falling into his intoxication. "Wedding?" he stops, lifting his head to look at me. I bite my lip. I forgot to tell him. 

     He laughs and I sigh in relief, happy he isn't angry. "What wedding?" he asks, still pinning me down. "Rita wants me to shoot with her, be her assistant at a wedding today. I get a plus one." I smile wide and he's laughing again, loud and animated. I love this Jamie. It's race car Jamie, carefree happy Jamie. I stare at him in admiration, I've missed this Jamie. "Okay then. We better hurry or we won't have time." he says, tapping my nose and hopping off the bed. "Time for what?" I ask, sitting up quickly. He raises his eyebrows at me, his eyes suddenly very very dark. Oh...Oh my. That look gives me chills and tickles way down there. "Come." he commands, reaching out to take my hand. I place my suddenly shaking hand in his and he tugs me off the bed, pulling me to the bathroom. He tugs me through the bathroom door and before my brain can register what's happening he's kissing me, fast and hard. He's panting into me, moaning against my lips. Then his hands are quickly unbuttoning my shirt. I moan, he's never this...frantic. Want washes over both of us and my hands move into his perfect bed head, tugging at his hair. He groans and grips me around the waist, lifting me up and sitting me on the sink. "I'm sorry I've been so absent this week." he pants, nibbling my ear before ripping my panties off and dropping them on the floor. "Me too." I pant, watching as he's stepping out of his pajama pants. 

      I am walking down the stairs in Jamie's house an hour later. Showered and satisfied, wearing a fifties style pale pink dress with small black flowers all over it and pale pink pumps. My hair falls in soft curls around my shoulders. Jamie is waiting by the elevator in a black suit looking hansom as hell. Every time I see him, in a suit or otherwise, a lump forms in my throat. I still can't believe he is mine. I stand at the bottom step, watching him stare off into the distance. "Penny for your thoughts?" I smile, leaning over the banister. He turns to look at me, his expression soft. "You look...wonderful." his eyes shine as he strides towards me. "You look quite hansom yourself." I giggle as his arms wrap around me. He lifts me up just an inch or so off the ground, kissing me softly. "Are you ready?" he whispers, keeping me in his arms. I nod, happy to stay like this for the rest of the day. But I know we have to go. He smiles and twirls me around slowly before setting me back on the ground. He moves his hand to the side of my face, staring into my eyes. And that energy forms quick and fast between us. Jeez, I am in constant want for him. He smirks and slowly rubs his thumb across my lower lip. "Maybe you will have some free time at the wedding." he says softly, his eyes on fire again. I flush and nod. I hope so.