For Now

I can't move and I am freezing cold. My leg feels like it's been cut off and I am screaming into the darkness but no one is around. I scream and scream and scream but no one hears me. I can't see anything, I can only feel the pain in my leg and no matter how hard I try to move I can't. I am stuck and it is dark and it is cold. "HELP!" I yell loudly but my voice only echos into the darkness. I am panicking, I am scared. I need help. Why is no one helping me. I scream out again and again but nothing happens. 

      "Jessica! Jessica wake up! Wake up!" I hear his familiar voice bringing me into the light. My eyes fling open and Jamie is staring down at me. His bedroom is full of light. He is looking at me with wide eyes full of terror. "You're alright, you're okay. You're safe." he pants, pulling me to him. I gasp for breath and cling onto him, pushing my face into his arm. "It's okay, it was only a dream." he says, petting my head. He pulls back and stares at me, his eyes moving down along my uncovered body. "Shit Jess, you're bleeding." he says and jumps to his feet. I look down at my stitched thigh to see a long trail of blood. Damn it. I sigh as he comes around the bed, picking me up and carrying me into the bathroom. He sits me down, both of us naked, on the sink counter and opens a cabinet. He pulls out a large cotton ball container and peroxide. "Jamie." I put my hands up. I know this is going to hurt. He scowls at me. "I told you I didn't want to hurt you and now you're bleeding." he says harshly, pushing between my legs. He dabs the peroxide on the cotton ball and before I can say anything else he is patting it along my cut thigh. "Fuck." I gasp, gripping his other arm. "I'm sorry. Please, I'm sorry." he hangs his head, still patting my thigh. "It needs to be cleaned. I'm calling my doctor. He'll see you today." he says quickly. "Jamie." I gasp in the pain of the peroxide. He stops, glaring at me. "I shouldn't have..." he shakes his head, looking down. "Jamie, yes you should have. You didn't heal my wounds, but you healed my soul." I say, pressing my hand against his heart. He stares at me, his eyes so incredibly bright. "I love you." he whispers and presses his forehead into mine. "And I you." I say, lightly kissing his lips. "Get dressed, then back to bed. I'm calling Dr. Lennon." he tells me. "Okay." I say, too tired to argue. I let him help me off the counter and I saunter into his room, towards the closet. 

     I am being poked at by an older gentleman, old enough to my grandfather, in Jamie's bed. I am wearing a pair of his black boxer briefs and a black tee as Dr. Lennon examines me. I don't feel all that comfortable with a man looking at me but Dr. Lennon is gentle and sweet. He is hansom and in great shape for his age. He has snow white hair with a jaw line that could poke an eye out. He's wearing a light purple sweater with dad jeans and he's only looking at the cut on my thigh and forehead, then taking my temperature and heartbeat. He and Jamie are discussing my injuries in the doorway of the bedroom as I listen carefully. "Her head wound looks alright, the stitches are waterproof as you already know and will dissolve when they are finished. The cut on her thigh is a little worse, it seems okay for now but you need to keep a close eye on it. I think it's only trying to get infected so as long as she takes her antibiotics and pain medication she will be fine." Dr. Lennon is saying. I am relieved to hear it. "What about her collarbone, I noticed the bruise this morning. Is it cracked or sprained?" Jamie asks, all business like. It is a good question. "No, it's just been badly bruised. Unfortunately it's something she'll have to live with for the rest of her life. It'll probably be sensitive around seasons changing, and when it rains. Just like old bones. All I can suggest is three Advil when it's irritating her, and if it gets too bad we can do some physical therapy." Dr. Lennon says. Jamie nods and they shake hands, Jamie leading him out. Fuck, something I have to deal with for the rest of my life? I sigh to myself, rubbing my sore collarbone. 

     "Jess." Jamie enters his bedroom, sitting down on the bed next to me. I stare at him, still tired. "Did you hear that?" he asks softly, rubbing my thigh. I nod, sinking back into the bed. Jamie smiles and covers me up. "Can you lay with me?" I ask as I realize he isn't crawling in beside me. "I have to work. Speaking of, Dr. Lennon says you should take the week off so you can recover." he says to me, running his hand through my hair. I scowl at him, "Dr. Lennon said or you said?" Jamie chuckles at me. "I said." he laughs then glares back at me. I sigh. "Fine, but I'm going back next Monday." I say sharply and Jamie nods, kissing my forehead. "I'll be in my office okay? We'll have dinner soon, but if you need anything just call." he nods, slowly exiting the room. I sigh, closing my eyes. This kind of sucks. Everything has finally worked out and I'm practically bed ridden. I roll onto my side. All I want to do is have crazy sex with Jamie...and I can't, I'm broken and bruised. I can feel myself drifting off to sleep, thinking of all the ways Jamie might fuck me once I'm better. I snuggle into his sheets. Yum.