The Last Day Part 1

As Damon sat in his bed, listening to Elijah’s conversation with Elena, Celest and Stefan, he got up and went downstairs to join them.

“ Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse.” Elijah explained as Damon still listened into the conversation.

“ Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus.” Stefan asked.

“ Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid.” Celest told him as Damon walked into the room.

“ Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie.” Damon said.

“ Damon...” Stefan began.

“ No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Celest told him.

“ I'll write her a great eulogy.” Damon began.

“ It's not an option, Damon.” Elana said still in the living rom.

“ All right, how do we break this curse?” Stefan asked

“ Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know.” Elijah told him.

“ The moonstone.” Stefan said.

“ A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each.” Elijah explained.

“ And where do I fit into it?” Elana asked.

“ The final part of the ritual.” Elijah answered as he took a wooden box from the shelf. “ Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... To the point of your death.” He finished as Damon looked over at Elena and Stefan took her hand. She looked over at Elijah as he opened the box and took a jar from it.

“ And that's where you come in.” Elana stated.

“ This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katarina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation.” Elijah told them holding up the glass bottle.

“So I'll be dead?” Elana asked.

“ And then you won't.” Elijah explained.

“ That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?” Damon asked before turning to Elana. “You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?”

“ Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work.” Celest told him.

“ I'll take those odds over that elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?” Damon asked.

“ Then I guess I'll just be dead.” Elana said simply as Damon looked over at Stefan. He shrugged before Damon looked over at Elijah and left.

“ Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?” Celest asked.

“ Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will.” Elijah told her. “And tonight we’ll kill him.”

“Hey Eli, I’m not killing Klaus. If that is the only reason we’ve been here to plan a murder, I’m going.” Celest said as she walked upstairs, moments later coming back down the stairs dress completely differently. She wore a large man’s white shirt with rolled up sleeves and short black lace shorts.