Crying Wolf

CHAPTER 1...

As Celest pulled up outside the Lockwood mansion she wondered why such a large group of supernatural would live in such a small town. She had never understood the draw to small town life, nosey neighbours bringing over pies just to see if the latest member of the street was a psychopath. If she wanted that kind of life she knew where to go, but for now she was only in Mystic Falls to fulfil a promise and get paid. 
" Right." Celest breathed in deeply her strong English accent coming through as she spoke. " There's quite a large group of supernaturals in town. I've been told there's vampires, a werewolf and why were here. A Bennet Witch." Celest explained to the two girls in her car.
" Are you going to recruit her?" Morgan asked. Her long blonde hair falling down over her face. 
" No. This isn't just any Witch. This is a Bennet. I'm here as a favour to an old friend."
" Friends? You?" Kamil laughed. " What did you do so you have to look after her poorly skilled descendant? Kill the Bennet you knew?" 
" Kamil understand me." Celest turned to the small brunette beside her. Her face contorting into the face of a monster, fangs defending, eyes darkening and veins pulsing near her eyes. " I gave you immortality. I will kill you if you don't start showing me some respect. Clear?" Celestria questioned as her anger subsided causing her face to return to the flawless white it had faded to when she had turned. Her midnight hair hung in loose waves around her neck providing a frame of silk for her perfect face. 
" Now I need to go inside. You two will stick together. See anyone supernatural, You. Find. Me. Okay? The sooner I find that damn witch the better."
They all got out of the car dress smartly for the gathering at the Lockwood estate.
" I remember the original Lockwood Estate. And the original Lockwood's. Bunch of dogs all of them."
" So its the Lockwood's who are Werewolves?" Kamil asked.
" Not necessarily. Its a cures not hereditary. But you will be able to tell when you get in. Now how do I look?" Celestria turned in her skin tight dress. The skirt went to the knee giving the dress a respectable edge but was dangerously low on her ample breasts showing off their large size. The figure hugging material showed off Celestria's perfect body to the extreme, emphasizing each curve. The burgundy bodice provided needed colour to the outfit clashing with the black of Celestria's hair, the skirt of the dress and the leather Louboutins  she wore.
" Perfect." Kamil said at the same time as Morgan said.
" Hot." 
" Thanks girls. Now lets go get ourselves a Witch."
Celest lead the way up the numerous steps in front of the Lockwood Estate till they reached two large glass doors. 
Celest knocked loudly on the door waiting for an answer and to be invited into the house. Finally a woman came to the door. Her short brown hair, pearl necklace and smart dress showed Celestria that this was defiantly the mayor of Mystic Falls. 
" Mayor Lockwood I presume?" Celestria asked.
" Yes. And who are you?" 
" Oh where are my manners? My name is Celest. I am here as a representative of Oxford college researching small towns in America for a short Corse they are thinking of running. And these are my assistants. Miss Morgan Hunter and Miss Kamil Grey." 
" Oh but we already have someone here to do research on the town."
" Really? That is strange. Would it be alright if I came in anyway. You know how those up above can be if they find out I haven't been doing my job. I'm sure myself and this other researcher could work together on this job."
" Oh of course. Please come in." She held the door open wider as she allowed Celest and the two girls to step I’m behind her.
" Thank you. Your home is beautiful. I do believe the Lockwood’s were a founding family?"
" Yes. They were some of the first to live in this area."
" Right well. Do you have any other Founding Families here today?" Celest asked.
" Yes many of the founding families stayed in Mystic Falls. There's the Fells, The Gilberts, The Salvatore’s. There are others but they aren't here today."
" Those will be sufficient for now. Thank you Mayor Lockwood." 
" Please, call me Carol." 
" Well thank you Carol."
As Carol turned and walked away, Celest turned to the two girls behind her. 
" Find those people, anyone called Fell or Gilbert. Find the Witch. I have an appointment with some old friends."
Celest walked further into the party picking up a glass of champagne as they circulated before finally seeing the brother she was looking for.
" Well if it isn't the mighty Damon Salvatore?" 
" Celest?" Damon asked.
" In the flesh." 
" What the hell are you doing here?" He asked as he ran up and spun her round in a rib crushing hug. 
" I'm not sightseeing if that's what you mean. This is a one horse town and Stephan probably drained the poor thing dry. Where is that little Vegi Vamp?" she looked around seeing Damon.
" Probably with his girlfriend."
" Vampire?" 
" Human."
" The Ripper is dating a human?" Damon nodded. " And she knows what he is?" He nodded again. " And she's not running for the hills?" 
" Not yet." He laughed.
" Wow, here was me thinking humans couldn't get any more idiotic. I was wrong. Anyway back to business. I need to find a Witch."
" Still have that little fetish do you? You know some people collect postcards, stamps, vintage records, not people. Maybe you should try it out just for a change of pace." 
" Ha. No, that's not why I need this Witch. I owe someone a favour."
" Old witch haunting you?"
" Yep, even from beyond the grave they can screw me over. So the Witch. I'm looking for someone who is a Bennet."
" Bonnie Bennet?" 
" I don't know. Bennet, Witch. Those two qualities would be useful."
" Yeah your looking for Bonnie Bennet."
" Where can I find her?"
" Who knows. Little witch doesn't like me much."
" Surprise surprise. Well I need to find her." Celestria turned to walk away knowing Damon had no more useful information to give her.
" Hey Celest."
" Yes Damon."
" Its good to see you again. It’s been too long."
" Yeah, not long enough for my liking." She laughed.
"Yeah, so funny. Oh and another thing. Do you know anything about The Originals?"
Celestria jaw tightened, her pupils dilating slightly as images flashed through her mind. She turned back around and looked directly at Damon.
" Only legends. I'm not that old."
" Going on 900 I was sure you would have heard something."
" Only whispers. Who knows what's true, basically everything we are is a fairy tale what makes you think they're real?"
" Experience. Every time you think you have every aspect thought of you realise there's something you forgot."
" Well if the Originals do exist what makes you think that they will come here?"
" Elana."
" Ooh, coming to steal your girlfriend? That isn't thinking everything through that's paranoia."
" She's a doppelganger."
" The Petrova Doppelganger?"
" No the Harper doppelganger. Of course the Petrova Doppelganger. How many other Doppelgangers do you know?"
" You would be surprised."
" Well anyway. She's here and I have a reliable resource saying that the Originals are after the Doppelganger."
" Oh my God. You love her don't you? Those pretty little Petrova's will always have the Salvatore brothers wrapped around their little fingers won’t they? My tip, if the Originals do come, highly unlikely if you ask me, hand over the girl. She'll die eventually any way don't want her to spend the rest of her life in hiding."
" So you do know about the Originals?"
Celest pulled Damon by the collar till they reached a private room upstairs.
" Damon listen to me." Celest pressed her arm up against Damon's neck. Her age making it impossible to break out of her hold. She pressed it firmly to his throat cutting off any air that he needed before continuing their conversation.
" The Originals are bad news. Stay away from them and if you want that girl to live I suggest that you get her as far away from any whispers about the originals as possible. Hide her till she grows old and dies or turn her whatever you do your going to pay for it dearly so make sure that she's worth it before you do anything stupid."
" Fine." Damon said on a choked breath. She let go of his neck then and he fell to the floor. 
" Just remember if I can do that what can an Original do?"
She left then. Her heels clinking on the hard wood floor, hips swaying seductively and her hair billowing out as if it had its own special breeze to keep it perfectly framing her face. He thought of the time her had first met Celest at a bar in the 70s walking in in her tight leather jeans and cropped top looking like a dark angel. She flirted with everyone in the bar never once letting her vamp side over power her, she didn't drink from anyone but instead danced all night drinking beer and whipping her hair around to the rock playing. He felt as if he had never seen someone so in control as she was even when her fed on girls right next to her not a single vein pulsed and gave away her true desires. 
" God dammit." Damon whispered. " We're screwed." If Celest was scared of the Originals which she evidently was from her display of anger he didn't know what he was going to do. Celest was one of the oldest vampires he knew and she had a fear of nothing, even the fear of death seemed to be lost on her so if she was scared of them he didn't know how he was going to handle it.
He reached for his phone in his pocket and rang Rose.
" Rose." He said when she answered, " Have you ever heard of a Vampire called Celest?"
" Yeah, pretty, English accent?"
" Yeah that her. Why is she so scared of the originals?"
" Well from what I know of the originals the legend is that they turned her as a punishment for her family. He fell in love with her and used her family's past as a reason to turn her."
" Who's he?"
" Klaus." 
" So your telling me that she just lied to my face not only saying that she didn't know them but that they aren't even real and Klaus is the one that turned her?"
" Not many people would want to hide that an Original turned them there must be something else behind it."
" I'll  find out."
Damon stood up then the oxygen now filling his lungs enabling him to move freely. He went out of the empty room that Celest had dragged him into and went back down to the party. When he was back in the center of the party he noticed Carol Lockwood having a very in-depth discussion with Elijah. He walked over there his poker face on trying to act calm with the Original in front of him.
" Damon." Carol Lockwood said pleased to see him. " May I introduce Mr Elijah Smith."
" Pleasure." Elijah said as he held out his hand for Damon to shake.
" Damon Salvatore." He said as he grabbed Elijah's had and crushed it will all of his strength to receive no sign on pain or discomfort in return. 
" The Salvatore's are one of the Founding Families of Mystic Falls." Carol said.
" I would love to speak to you about your families history. Excuse me Mrs Lockwood.
As both Elijah and Damon walk towards Richard’s office neither of them say anything. Both thinking of what the conversation in the room will involve.
"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asks when they are in the office with the door closed.
" I was hoping we could have a word." Damon answers. 
"Where's Elena?"
"Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, bit of a werewolf problem. "
"Oh, yeah. I heard about that."
" I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day."
" You are welcome."
"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here."
"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me? "
Elijah walked towards the door satisfied that the conversation was over and Damon had all the answers Elijah was willing to divulge at the time but Damon puts himself in front of him block the only exit of the room.
" Not good enough." Damon said annoyed.
Elijah, infuriated by the ego of the man in front of him pushes Damon against the wall and strangles him. Damon tries to strangle Elijah reaching out his hands to grasp his throat clinging as hard as ge can to the neck of the Original in front of him but Elijah was too strong and in a blaze of anger breaks Damon's wrist
" You young vampires, so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge me?" Elijah questioned.
"You can't kill me. It's not part of the deal." Damon replied in his cocky tone.
"Silence." Elijah respond as he grabs a pencil from the large desk and drives it through Damon’s jugular. Blood pools from the injury, the wood burning as it pieces through the skin. Damon unable to pull it out without Elijah stabbing it back into his throat lies on the desk, his hand on his wound. Elijah, finally worried only for the  upholstery in the ornate room gives Damon a white tissue to apply to the wound. Damon slowly pulls out the pencil wincing as he pulls the wood from his throat and dabs the tissue on his wound.
" Damon there you are! I've been looking for you everywhere. I need someone who can tell me where the Bennet is. I don't have time for a Witch hunt." Celest said as she walked into the office not noticing the other member of the party. "What have you done now Damon stabbed yourself?" 
" Yeah, I come into private rooms at parties and stab myself where all the town council can see." Damon replied sarcastically.
" Not the smartest thing to do Damon. Maybe keep the self harm for at home."
" No I didn't stab myself, he did."
Celest finally turning around to notice the third person in the room. 
" Celestria?" Elijah asked.
Celest's eyes got larger as she took in the Original in front of her.
" Shit!" She said before rocketing from the room.
Elijah turning back to Damon not forgetting their conversation simply states
" I'm an original. Show a little respect. The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say. Keep Elena safe." before leaving Damon bent over the table. 
Celest briskly walked out of the house. She had completely forgotten Morgan and Kamil and was solely focused on getting her car and driving as fast in any direction away from Mystic Falls as she could. The Originals meant trouble, not just for Damon and the Doppelganger but for Celest. She thought back to the last time she had seen any of them. For Elijah it had been nearly 60 years since she had seen him. She had met Klaus and Rebekah in the 1920s but had been severely running ever since. The Originals were people who enjoyed a game of cat and mouse but after a while got bored and therefore angry. She realised if any of the Originals found her she would be signing her own death warrant which meant getting out of Mystic Falls and forgetting about that damn witch was her only solution. 
When she finally found her car again she swiftly jumped into the drivers seat, started the ignition and roared down the drive as quickly as she could. As she approached the gates to leave they slowly opened. There cold iron state creaking and they swung outwards to reveal Elijah in a fitted black pin stripped suit.
" Shit." Celest cursed. She debated running him over knowing he would get up without a scratch. She rethought that idea when she realized Elijah was a noble man but would have no problem torturing her from now on till eternity if she tried to kill him. 
" Get out of the car Celestria." Elijah's strong British accent boomed.
" Make me Elijah." She revved the car, trying to see if he would move out of the way.
" You won't run me over. Now get out of the car."
" Elijah. Get out of the way. I don't want to hit you."
" Klaus isn't here Celestria. I promise."
" I don't care if he isn't here, your still his little bitch. Now move it!"  
" Celestria I don't want to hurt you."
" Elijah I don't want to run you over but eventually you have to make a decision."
Celest's foot ploughed into the accelerator hurtling towards the gate and Elijah. Elijah stood his ground not even blinking that a car was flying towards him. As Celest got closer to where Elijah was standing she pressed firmly on the break to stop the car from rocketing into Elijah. 
" Dammit Elijah." She said as she wound down the windows of the passenger seat. "Get in." She said to him.
" Thank you for stopping it would have been a shame to ruin your car." Elijah said as Celest once again drove down the abandoned streets of Mystic falls.
" Whatever. What is it you want Elijah?"  She asked exasperated.
" We need to discuss Klaus."
" Yay. My favourite subject. Where do you want to begin cause I have a list in the back of things I'm going to stab him for. Feel free to add to it."
" Celestria, please this is serious. He is going to break the curse and kill the Doppelganger." 
" Oh like I care about some human Katarina lookalike. If she half the bitch Katarina was, I'll hold her still as Klaus drinks from her." 
" Celestria you know we can't allow Klaus to become a hybrid. He has to be stopped."
" And that's why your here? Doppelganger Protection Agency? Elijah I'm getting out of here and I have to stay away. Once Klaus sees that I am still alive he will come after me and I have to make sure that that doesn't happen. I won't be trapped again."
" I will help you Celestria, if you help me. All I need is for you to keep an eye on the other Supernaturals. The Doppelganger has many people who she cares about and that's how Klaus will get her. The other supernaturals in the town seem to stick together and they all care for the girl so please watch them and I will make sure you can live out your eternity in peace from Klaus. Do not concern yourself with the Doppelganger I will deal with her."
" Elijah." Celestria said as she had a look of sheer determination in her eye. " If Klaus comes back and whatever happens happens I will look after those bloody supernaturals but I will not run from Klaus any more. This is me finished running. God you bring out the worst in me. My damn pride." Celestria pulled her car over to the side of the abandoned road, took a deep breath and turned to Elijah. " Things have changed Elijah. Rowan is dead and Klaus doesn't own me anymore. Its time I stopped running Elijah and this is the perfect way to do that."
" Thank you for your help Celestria."
" Yeah whatever. Now I've got to go back to that damn party."
" Your witches again?" 
" Yep. Can't leave them alone for a minute. Oh and if I'm helping you, you can help me. Don't involve the witch. The Bennet witch that is in town keep her out of this."
" I will try my best, Celestria." 
" Great, now, are you getting out or coming back with me?"
" I will leave you here. There is something I must attend to." 
" Oh you sound scary Elijah. But just remember, people have changed over the years, we aren't all as moral as you are."
" Thank you for your thoughts Celestria."
" I will see you later Elijah. And I'll try not to run you over next time." 
Elijah opened the car door and exited the car he began to walk away from the car but turned around quickly and handed Celestria a small piece of card.
" Give me a call sometime. There's another number on there, that's a friend of mine that can get in contact with me quickly. If you need somewhere to stay call me." 
" I'll find somewhere else. I'll need my own place if I'm going to stay. Thanks though Elijah. And remember, " Celestria said as she pulled out from the side of the road and began driving in the opposite direction with her window down. " Murder never solved anything." 
She sped away down the road leaving Elijah there thinking of the girl he used to know and who she had become. 
She continued driving until she reached the center of the small town. The few shops that were there were small and outdated giving the town a country village feel. She pulled up outside the local estate agent and got out of the car. She smoothed down her dress and grabbed her purse before walking into the small shop. A bell dinged as she entered announcing her presence to the young secretary sitting by the desk. 
" How quaint." Celestria commented.
" Hello? How may I help you today?"
" I'm in the market for a house."
" Well I can book you an appointment with our consultants, they'll go through the full criteria with you of everything you need and then sort out some viewings."
" I really need this taken care of today. If someone could show some today that would be extremely useful."
" I'm sorry ma'am  that isn't how it works here you have to go through the correct procedures."
" There must be someone. It would really help me out."
" I'm sorry the soonest you will be able to meet with someone is Thursday."
" But that is 4 days away!"
" I know ma'am and I'm sorry but that is the soonest that we can help you."
" Fine, thank you, book me an appointment for Thursday. Thank you for your help."
Celestria retreated out of the small shop, not wanting to wait that long but not ready to do anything about it.
" Now where am I going to stay?" Celestria asked herself as she once again sat in her car. " I guess I'll have to deal with that later better go pick those girls up." She fetched her phone from her purse and sent a quick text to the girls informing them that she was coming now and didn't plan to hang around.
She pulled out of the parking space and nearly hit three people carrying another person across the road. She honked her horn at the teenagers crossing the street and began driving again, their conversation though drifting into the car.
" Caroline, you nearly got us killed."
" Chill Bonnie, your little witch mojo could have saved us."
Celestria's foot plummeted onto the break resulting in the teenagers to turn their head at the commotion behind them.
Celestria got out of the car quickly flipping her hair behind her back and walked towards the 4 people.
" Bonnie Bennet?" She asked no one in particular.
" Yes?" A pretty Black girl asked. 
" Your Bonnie Bennet?" 
" Yes." She replied.
" Who are you?" The blonde girl with her asked.
" Oh I'm sorry. My name is Celest. I was friends with some of your ancestors. I knew your grams' gram very well. She used to travel around with me. But that isn't why I'm here to reminisce. I'm here because years ago I promised a friend of mine that I would look after her descendants if she helped me. She of course did and here I am. Helping you."
" So what do you want?" Bonnie asked.
" I'm just here to help. If you need anything, help with spells or dragging drugged people about. Give me a call." Celest handed Bonnie a small piece of folded paper with her number on it.
" Do you guys want a lift with him?"
" No." Said both the boy and the blonde girl but Bonnie contradicted the with a strong, "Yes."
" Great. I'm sure you remember my car its the one that almost ran you over."
" So what do you mean by the fact that you knew my ancestors?"
" Well I'm sure you know already that you are from a very powerful line of Witches and over the years I happened to run into a couple of them."
" So you knew my Family?"
"Yes I've known a lot of witches in your bloodline but my best friend will always be one of you Great great great, well I'm not exactly sure how many greats you would need, grandmother. She helped me out a long time ago. Gave me a spell and helped me get out of somewhere and make my escape untraceable. She truly was an amazing witch. I've met others of course, Emily, your Grams. I guess you could say I am the Bennet line's caretaker. I look after the Bennet Witches when prompted from the spirits."
" So why are you here now?"
" You're on your own Bonnie. That's not easy for a witch. There a going to be tough times ahead, things you may not be ready for, and I'm here to make sure you make it out alive."
" Do you know what's coming?"
" No. But over the past 900 years I've learned to be prepared for anything."
" Is it something to do with the Originals?" 
" You shouldn't do anything about the Originals. They aren't bad people but they won't stop just because what you think your doing is right, they will kill you. Don't make a stupid mistake to help your friends that will cost you your life. Okay?"
" I'm sorry but who the hell are you?" The boy finally asked.
" She's an old friend of the family Jeremy." Bonnie replied. " This is Jeremy and Caroline by the way."
" And who's the druggie in the back?" 
" That's Luka."
" And why is he drugged?"
" We need to ask him something."
" You know after a long time you develops this amazing ability called questioning. Its where you ask people things without giving them Witch roofies."
" He wouldn't tell us."
" What do you want to know about?"
" The Originals." Jeremy said.
" Jeremy!" Caroline shouted. 
" What?" He asked. " She's 900 years old and probably knows them so why not ask her as well."
" Not so much, I've learnt bit's and pieces about them over the years."
" See useless."
" Ok Care, calm down. It’s just down there that you wanna turn Celest."
Celest turned down the road and pulled up outside the house she was told to. 
" Come in if you want Celest. You can help out." Jeremy said.
" Thanks, um." Celest pulled out her phone and texted the two witches to find their own place to stay before getting out of the car and putting her keys in her bag.
" Is it alright if I get changed in your house?"
" Sure." Caroline said exasperated.
" Thank you." Celest replied as she pulled out an outfit from the trunks in the boot of her car. She then walked over to the group and lifted Luka onto the house. She walked into the house without having to be invited in.